• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NY Daily News: Palin a "boob" for wisecrack

Tucker

Lion Rampant
The very right-wing New York Daily News apparently had enough of Sarah Palin's antics at one point. An article I ran into today blasts the "failed vice-presidential candidate" after a gaffe about breastfeeding made during a dig at First Lady Michelle Obama:

Sarah Palin takes breastfeeding dig at Michelle Obama during Long Island appearance

It wasn't long ago that a Daily News article speaking out against Palin's personal cattiness would have only come out on April 1, but this one's from several weeks earlier. What do you suppose prompted their departure from the party line?

shelgarr

Registered Member
Well there's definitely a better way to cite the terrible price of food. Too bad Palin didn't portray more dignified wit. Guess she's human.

Eta....maintaining party line doesn't require a blanket support of a person. It requires being objective about content despite who says it.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Well there's definitely a better way to cite the terrible price of food. Too bad Palin didn't portray more dignified wit. Guess she's human.

Eta....maintaining party line doesn't require a blanket support of a person. It requires being objective about content despite who says it.
Its really the problem many Conservatives have with Palin. Everything is anti-Obama and it just wears out after awhile. As you said, she could talk about the spike in milk prices without making the current administration the focus. She's also well qualified to build a drill/baby/drill coalition, but rather than be constructive, Palin is mostly in attack mode. There's a place for that for sure, but it just gets old. Some days to protect my sanity, I try to go all day without hearing anything about what Obama's up to. To do that, I know I have to avoid Palin, Limbaugh and others.

Wade8813

Registered Member
It wasn't the best line in the world, but it's not terrible. And it's not unreasonable to not know that pediatricians don't think you should give cows milk to babies.

Its really the problem many Conservatives have with Palin. Everything is anti-Obama and it just wears out after awhile. As you said, she could talk about the spike in milk prices without making the current administration the focus. She's also well qualified to build a drill/baby/drill coalition, but rather than be constructive, Palin is mostly in attack mode. There's a place for that for sure, but it just gets old. Some days to protect my sanity, I try to go all day without hearing anything about what Obama's up to. To do that, I know I have to avoid Palin, Limbaugh and others.
Actually, I think it might be a good idea politically to have someone who's in the spotlight but not running (sound familiar?) do the mudslinging, and have the candidate stay out of it for once.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Sometimes I'm glad that she doesn't leave things unsaid. She has a record of being pretty clever and harmless in her retorts. The same could have been done when talking about food prices. And given that one thing she truly shares with Michelle Obama is motherhood, than it should be cherished.
------
Actually, I think it might be a good idea politically to have someone who's in the spotlight but not running (sound familiar?) do the mudslinging, and have the candidate stay out of it for once.
Yeah, I agree. Sadly though no matter who runs and who doesn't mudslinging will forever be a part of politics.

Last edited: