• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NXT Season 5 Premier Thread

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So I only knew about this because of a WWE facebook post from 45 mins before the show starts, but NXT has a new season starting tonight at 10/9c! We'll meet the new cast then. I wonder if it'll have anything to do with legends training the younger generation like we had discussed? Oh well, should be fun either way.

No offense to WWE's female roster, but I just hope it's not Divas.

Discuss the show here!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really hope it has Colon, Steamboat, DiBiase etc...

I'm looking for some bigger names this go round.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Hmm, a second chance season.
Not holy shit wow for me, but it could be worse. I really like the announce team and the pro/rookie matchups.

Trivia note: If my eyes didn't deceive me, the winner of the obstacle course faulted while slaloming the flags and Blue missed it. Could be interesting to see if they spot it in playback and weave it into the storyline.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The problem with me is that only about 3 of the Rookies are people I'm interested in seeing...but then again, one of them did a decent job at his video promo tonight. So who knows. With a show like this, I'm always up to giving anyone a chance.

I'll be watching it the couple of nights that I'm off of class, lol. Maybe on YouTube, too. They mentioned that it would be available there.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I like the idea for this season:

I am easily rooting for Darren Young and Byron Saxton. Those two are standouts amongst the group and apparently the only ones the crowd cares for. Darren Young deserves to have a place in NXT6.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I agree with KSF as far as who I am rooting for and that's Saxton or Young. I am probably leaning towards Saxton.

I liked Conor O'Brian's promo though. I'm sure it was done to get emotional support but it sounds like he had a rough go at it and I'm glad he's dumping the rat gimmick.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Yeah I agree with KSF as far as who I am rooting for and that's Saxton or Young. I am probably leaning towards Saxton.

I liked Conor O'Brian's promo though. I'm sure it was done to get emotional support but it sounds like he had a rough go at it and I'm glad he's dumping the rat gimmick.
Yeah. That rat gimmick was crap, and I appreciate his promo work, but he needs to have a strong in-ring showing for me to be happy with him.

I am now leaning towards Saxton since they know Young will get a roster spot anyway. I don't understand why he is on there this season anyway.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
What kinda shit is this??

Horswoggle is Titus O'Neil's pro? What. The. Fuck. Seriously, they couldn't get anyone else?

But I'm glad to see Conner O'Brien back. Anyone else catch his " Maybe the pink shorts did him in" quip at Lucky Cannon? :lol: But my money's on Darren Young this season.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
What kinda shit is this??

Horswoggle is Titus O'Neil's pro? What. The. Fuck. Seriously, they couldn't get anyone else?
Yeah. I agree. Total BS. This would have been the PERFECT opportunity for someone like Masters to mentor... if he didn't do so much last season.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Yeah. I agree. Total BS. This would have been the PERFECT opportunity for someone like Masters to mentor... if he didn't do so much last season.
Inorite? Even if they didn't want to use Masters, they could've used anyone they wanted. The locker room's full of people that are not active in storylines - David Hart Smith, Zach Ryder, Evan Bourne. List goes on and on, dude.

At first (when I heard the music) I thought it was Finley and I'm sitting there going "ok, this could work." As soon as that midget steps out, I wanted to vomit blood. That guy gets waaaaaaay too much TV time than he really should.