• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NXT Season 4 Results Discussion

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I didn't catch the last episode because of class, but NXT Season 4 came down to Johnny Curtis and Brodius Clay.

The winner:

Johnny Curtis

Discuss the results and how you think this Superstar will fit into the scheme of the WWE!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The reaction from Johnny and the fans were pretty amazing. I think this is the first male NXT winner to cry when he won (Kaitlyn cried last season). Clay and Curtis showing some respect for each other was a great moment.

In all honesty, I am really looking forward to the next season, the possibilites is making me drool.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The reaction from Johnny and the fans were pretty amazing. I think this is the first male NXT winner to cry when he won (Kaitlyn cried last season). Clay and Curtis showing some respect for each other was a great moment.

In all honesty, I am really looking forward to the next season, the possibilites is making me drool.
I'd rank Derrick Bateman as number 1 this season, because he had such great comedic skills combined with solid wrestling. It reminded me of Edge and Christian back in the day, where they could make you laugh but then be really serious and winning gold.

I'm kind of tied in opinion on Clay and Curtis; The more that I think about it, I'm glad that Curtis won because I think Clay will be back around in some capacity no matter what. I'm hoping the same for Bateman, too.

Since Derrick Bateman and Johnny Curtis tagged together in FCW, I really wouldn't mind them doing so in the WWE. We need some tag teams and it's such a great platform for younger stars to build their careers. I could see Clay returning to some sort of bodyguard position, or even joining the New Nexus or the Corre (not likely, but possible).

Next season should be really cool, but I think that this season had some solid competitors. I'd really like to see Byron Saxton back, as well. When at least 1/2 of the cast leaves a good impression, you know that you've had a good season.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I loved this season. It was all well done.... not really a fan of O'Brian... but I digress...

Curtis will get a Tag Team Championship match with Truth now... since that is what the winners get. Most likely won't happen at WM... maybe after?

Curtis had the most enthusiasm... minus Bateman... and was my pre-season pick to win it.

CHICKS! USA! CLEVELAND!

Season 5 is gonna be sweet.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Congrats to Johnny Curtis, good for him. I always thought he was extremely average and just okay in all aspects of wrestling but I'm still happy for him.

I think Bateman and Clay will be back at some point.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope Bateman will be back, surprised he didn't win this thing in my opinion. The guy is hilarious, and he could be wonderful at cutting promos. He still needs to improve him wrestling abilities, and expand his skill set just a tad.

To be honest, I am not a fan of Clay at all. I don't know what it is, but I just don't see the "it" factor in him. I believe the WWE are pretty high on him, so we'll eventually see him in a WWE in the next few months.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I hope Bateman will be back, surprised he didn't win this thing in my opinion. The guy is hilarious, and he could be wonderful at cutting promos. He still needs to improve him wrestling abilities, and expand his skill set just a tad.

To be honest, I am not a fan of Clay at all. I don't know what it is, but I just don't see the "it" factor in him. I believe the WWE are pretty high on him, so we'll eventually see him in a WWE in the next few months.
I thought that Clay did pretty well for a guy his size as far as a few in-ring skills, but then there were some in-ring skills that just didn't seem to click. Mic skills, again, weren't great but weren't horrible. I can see WWE liking him for his size...I would think he needs to tone up a bit more, though.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I loved his character a lot. I knew he wasn't going to win, but I still rooted for him!

Clay was too stale for me, but they have usually done a heel/face final... so it had to happen that way, to be honest.