NXT Season 2 - Low-Ki &.... WTF?

wooly

I am the woolrus
Earlier this year, WWE made waves when it announced the relatively-inexperienced The Miz as the “Pro” for Daniel Bryan, the most lauded rookie on season one of its NXT program. The company went one step further Tuesday with the announcement that Kaval, known to independent and TNA wrestling fans as Low-Ki and Senshi, would be paired with an even wilder pro choice for season two.

WWE confirmed that Kaval would be mentored by LayCool (Layla and Michelle McCool) in the first intergender pro-rookie relationship on the show.

Obviously, while the pairing between a gimmick Diva team and one of WWE’s most intense, respected rising young superstars offers comedic value, it seemingly lacks the storyline potential embedded in the pairing between Miz and Bryan. It is not as if Kaval will have a lengthy, in-ring feud with two Divas.

Full Rookie-Pro announcements:

Rookie: Husky Harris
Pro: Cody Rhodes

Rookie: Eli Cottonwood
Pro: John Morrison

Rookie: Percy Watson
Pro: MVP

Rookie: Titus O’Neil
Pro: Zack Ryder

Rookie: Kaval
Pro: Layla & Michelle McCool

Rookie: Lucky Cannon
Pro: Mark Henry

Rookie: Michael McGillicutty (Joe Hennig)
Pro: Kofi Kingston

Rookie: Alex Riley
Pro: The Miz
Now that is a bizarre rookie/pro pairing!!! Maybe WWE are just deliberately tryin to piss off the "smarks" of the world :p Still, at leats Low-Ki is finally being promoted from FCW. I was hopin he'd be called up to the main roster but still! hopefully he'll get the push.

Either way i don't think i'll be watching next year if it's full of dumb ass contests that have nothing to do with wrestling again...

Oh, and what the hell is up with Joe Hennig's new name? They're saying that he's Mr. Perfect's son but then calling him "McGillicutty"? Don't get that one at all...

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Oh, and what the hell is up with Joe Hennig's new name? They're saying that he's Mr. Perfect's son but then calling him "McGillicutty"? Don't get that one at all...
Ha, I was wondering that same thing about him and Duke "Husky Harris" Rotunda/Rotundo.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm excited for this Tuesday (when season 2 starts) mainly for the fact that Low-Ki is in it as well as Alex Riley. Riley (being the reigning FCW champ) and LK are the favorites for me. A final two with those two would be worth it. Riley is a Miz-level heel and LK/Kaval could make an awesome, HHH-badass, type of face.

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
Makes no sense to avoid using their last names and still mentioning their families in the introduction clip.

As usual, the WWE writers and Vince are on crack.

I'm just happy to see Kaval wrestling, though...regardless of who he's paired with. They don't need to reproduce Danielson/Miz, and shouldn't.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
This could explain the rumor about Alex Riley, not Joey Mercury, being the SES mystery man. I'm not saying it's necessarily true, but they are similar in build and Riley did get called up.
------
By the way, who the hell is Lucky Cannon?

Last edited:

Great100

Registered Member
At least I finally know the full list of rookie/pro pairings. I was suprised when I found out Laycool is mentoring Kaval. I don't feel they would be able to mentor him well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am really happy we'll finally see Joe Henning and Kaval in NXT. I think one of the reasons why they changed Joe's name is because it can't be copyrighted, but I might be wrong.

I saw a few promo's of these guys and I'm interested to watch a few of them, Lucky Cannon being one of them(sorry Tucker, no clue who he is) I'm not to fond on some of the pro's on this season NXT, but I'll still be watching.