NXT Roster Revealed

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Source: PWInsider.com

This could be a fun concept. I am very excited about this new show.

As reported earlier, the new WWE NXT show will feature wrestlers from Florida Championship Wrestling, who will be paired off with WWE veterans in their quest to make it to the main roster.

Here's a look at the nine wrestlers who are expected to be part of WWE NXT: Season 1, which debuts next Tuesday night on Syfy:

- Justin Angel (FCW Champion)
- Daniel Bryan (formerly Bryan Danielson)
- Kaval (formerly Low Ki)
- Skip Sheffield
- Joe Hennig (son of Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig)
- Brett Dibiase (son of the Million Dollar Man, brother of Ted Jr.)
- Darren Young
- Heath Slater
- Michael Tarver

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is off to a good start, finally we'll get a better look at the FCW wrestlers. I think this can do wonders to the developement of wrestlers like DiBiase and Henning.

Look wooly, you'll have to watch NXT now, Low Ki will be on there :D

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I'm especially stoked about Bryan Danielson (Why the HELL are they changing his name in such a redundant way?!) and Kaval. Those guys rule.

What about Curt Hawkins? He's been wrestling in FCW as of late.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Look wooly, you'll have to watch NXT now, Low Ki will be on there :D
You know me too well! I've been waiting for Low-Ki to surface for so long now it's ridiculous, i wonder how different a wrestler he'll be after all this developmental work.

Unfortunately it seems like he won't be showing up on NXT as was expected:

During tonight's final ECW broadcast, the complete cast for the NXT program debuting next Tuesday was revealed. WWE announced the following Superstars ("WWE Pros") and developmental talent ("NXT Rookies") for the show:
1. Chris Jericho will mentor Wade Barrett.
2. Matt Hardy will mentor Justin Gabriel
3. MVP will mentor Skip Sheffield.
4. Carlito will mentor Michael Tarver.
5. The Miz will mentor Daniel Bryan (a/k/a Bryan Danielson).
6. Christian will mentor Heath Slater.
7. CM Punk will mentor Darren Young.
8. R-Truth will mentor David Otunga
No sign of DiBiase or Henning either. I don't understand why they don't have people like William Regal, Chavo Guerrero, Finlay and Kane mentoring these young kids. I mean it wasn't that long ago that The Miz learned how to wrestle himself, and he's "mentoring" Bryan Danielson? Danielson has own some of the most prestigious titles around the world, he's a 4 time World Champion, Wrestling Observer Newsletter awarded him "Most Outstanding Wrestler" 4 years in a row. That's more times than Jushin Liger, Kenta Kobashi or Kurt Angle. He's already achived much more than most other veterans have in their entire careers.

While it's an interesting concept i thik they should have used more real veterans as mentors, and i do think that Bryan Danielson having to go on a "Tough Enough" type show (and be mentored by The Miz) is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally agree with you, the funny thing is that Danielson is better than The Miz when it comes to wrestling, doesn't make sense why he'll be his "teacher"

I'm pissed that Henning won't be on the show, same thing with DeBiase. Both of these guys should be on there.

The wrestlers that you've mentioned should definitely be teachers.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I was talking to Millz about the absence of Kaval (Low Ki)...I'm hoping that this means that people such as him and Curt Hawkins (who, as most of you know I believe, deserves a shot as a solo competitor on one of the 3 shows) will show up on RAW or Smackdown.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I bet the WWE released those names knowing they weren't going to use them all...that's how they roll.

Hopefully this means Kaval, DiBiase and Hennig will still be called up and are viewed are "bigger" than the NXT program.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Interesting.

Surprised Hennig and Dibiase weren't called up, same goes for Low Ki, he was a pretty cool wrestler in TNA, loved his wrestling style.

Can't wait for more to come.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Thought I'd include a very entertaining link: The Miz blogs on his mentoring of Daniel Bryan. My favorite quote: "No, Daniel Bryan looks like my accountant ... ordinary and bland." LMAO

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible
------
By the way, I don't know why the link says "Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible," but it still seems to work. Let me know if you can't read it!

Last edited: