• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NXT Redemption Discussion: The final two.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I know that people haven't really been watching this season of NXT, but I thought that we could start a discussion on these final shows coming up, or at least based on discussion of the final two people in the contest.

Last night Conor O'Brian was eliminated, leaving the final two as Darren Young and Titus O'Neil.

My opinion: I'm going to try and watch now until it ends, if I can. Personally, I'm hoping that Darren Young wins it. I think that he was one of the best 3 coming into the competition and was definitely at the top of the final 3. His experience with being in the original Nexus and with having a short Superstars-heavy singles competitor run really helped him. He's improved a ton in the ring since he first got started, and I think he's much more legit than Titus O'Neil...Titus really is just kind of sloppy in the ring and annoying to me at this point.

Who would you like to win NXT: Redemption (Season 5) and get a second chance with WWE? Will you be watching any of the show as this season winds down?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, I can't believe this is still going on haha

I have to give the nod to Darren Young as well but I'm about 85% sure Titus O'Neil is going to win it for some reason.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dislike both of them and I don't see either of them having a bright future in the WWE, especially O'Neil. That said, I don't understand how O'Neil is still in this. Like you mentioned, he's extremely sloppy in the ring and his microphone skills are terrible. I never understood why he was given a second chance anyway, and I don't see what the WWE see in him whatsoever.

Young has a bit of talent in the ring, his microphone skills are not terrible but are not spectacular either. If he works with a talented wrestler then he can have a good match, but other than that not so much.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
This. Frankly, I haven't paid attention to NXT since Season 2. The quality of that show has really gone down since then.

Whatever the case, I'm with everyone else and I hope Darren Young wins. He's the only one I can see fitting into the WWE. I mean I have nothing against Titus O'Neil, but c'mon... his pro is a midget. Do you really expect me to take him seriously? I don't think so.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member

I have to give the nod to Darren Young as well but I'm about 85% sure Titus O'Neil is going to win it for some reason.
I dislike both of them and I don't see either of them having a bright future in the WWE, especially O'Neil. That said, I don't understand how O'Neil is still in this. Like you mentioned, he's extremely sloppy in the ring and his microphone skills are terrible. I never understood why he was given a second chance anyway, and I don't see what the WWE see in him whatsoever.

Young has a bit of talent in the ring, his microphone skills are not terrible but are not spectacular either. If he works with a talented wrestler then he can have a good match, but other than that not so much.
I have pretty much the same thoughts...it's just a hunch but I think that Vince likes Titus. Since day 1 of this season he's been showcased even though other guys have had better personalities and/or ring skills.

I think that Young could be better than many of us think, at this point. I'm just going off of what I mentioned on Superstars. He was given some victory against veteran wrestlers like William Regal, and showed that he could evolve with experience.

He'd be a good candidate for a tag team, too, IMO.
------
I should add:

I didn't follow up on a Tweet that I had seen last night, and it changes this whole discussion.

you can see it at nxt.wwe.com

Last night, as a twist, Derrick Bateman was brought back after Conor O'Brian was eliminated!

Millz and I are huge fans, and I hope that he can win it all...he's got more personality than both Young and O'Neil, and he's just as good in the ring, if not better.

"Submission! Submission Wrestling!" lol, the guy is hilarious. He and Johnny Curtis tagged a little in FCW; ideally he'd win and they'd start as a tag team, IMO. It would give them a bigger stage than they'd have on their own, unless the Curtis promos we've been seeing on SD are leading to a legit singles push.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I was surprised that O'Brian went home before Young. Young kind of bores me a bit, in the same way that Shelton Benjamin did most of the time. I assumed that a lot of the Universe felt the same. Even though he now has this potential threat to worry about, I'm still betting on Titus to take it all.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know why Vince would like O'Neil he's worst on the microphone then John Morrison. If he does win a spot on the roster I don't see him having any type of push worth talking about.

That's pretty strange about Bateman and I don't know where the WWE are going with this but I don't mind it at all, since I enjoy him.

Tucker

Lion Rampant

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I wanted to bump this thread to remind everyone that the show is on (online) tonight...I'll definitely be watching because Derrick Bateman is back. Is anyone else going to try and tune in?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 5
HabsMike25 Wrestling 15
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 6
HabsMike25 Wrestling 11
Millz Wrestling 15