• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NXT Breakout Stars & Signings in 2016?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Who would you like to see as the breakout superstars in NXT during 2016? Who do you think will excel as expected, and who do you think may be a surprise star?

Also, who do you hope that NXT signs from outside of the WWE this year?

I'm personally hoping that Hideo Itami comes back healthy and gets the treatment as top face similar to Finn Balor once Finn has been called up. I'm also a huge Samoa Joe mark and I hope he has a nice title run as a heel in 2016 before getting called up..that probably wouldn't count as a breakout since he's already a star, but still it would be fun.

If I had to pick one signing for WWE this year, I'd say pull the trigger on AJ Styles. Otherwise I'd love to see Adam Cole and Jay Lethal in WWE, as well as the Young Bucks which is sounding like it may never happen.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd love to see ReDragon make it to NXT but I don't know how well they'd (eventually) translate on the main roster. Also, I've been saying for a few years now but Adam Cole is a blue chip.

I think Apollo Crews gets pushed big this year but I still don't know how his mic skills are going to work in the long run.

Styles should never go to WWE. They'll erase his entire legacy.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
ReDragon is an incredible team, but for some reason I can't see their style (small guys, MMA style) fitting well with WWE brass. I wish it did, and I guess never say never.

Another blue chip talent that has always reminded me of HHH is Bobby Roode. I think it would be amazing to see him in the WWE this year as a part of Beer Money on NXT or even solo.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
As for signings, I echo the sentiment about Adam Cole but I'd LOVE to see Austin Aries in NXT. If they have the opportunity to book an angle with Aries & Finn Balor before Balor moves on to the main roster, we could see some awesome stuff.

As for breakouts, I'm expecting Jordan & Gable to have a huge 2016 in the tag team division. They're dynomite in the ring together!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
As for breakouts, I'm expecting Jordan & Gable to have a huge 2016 in the tag team division. They're dynomite in the ring together!
Those guys are so good and so over. If they're not on the main roster this year, I worry about how long they can stay as over as they are right now.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree about Jordan & Gable but I don't see a main roster debut until next year. They still need some seasoning and refinement, and no reason to rush when you have Amore & Cassidy that could get called up this year. Not saying I'd be mad if they do.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Yeah, Enzo & Big Cass are tailor made for a team like New Day to feud with so while The New Day are established as the top tag team, SAWFT is the better option to call up. Jordan & Gable should have the opportunity to feud with teams against The Usos or the Lucha Dragons. If given the chance, I'm sure Jordan & Gable can be good heels on the main roster.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 5
HabsMike25 Wrestling 15
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 6
HabsMike25 Wrestling 11
Millz Wrestling 15