Numbness

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Swiftstrike, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Anyone ever get numb after lifting. Or you get so numb during a lift you cant continue?

There was about a month 1/2 that I would constantly get numb after lifting. So much so that i'd stop in mid routine.

A buddy of mine says that basically my muscles were expanding too much for my body and that it was "good" meant I was getting bigger.

It hasnt happened in almost a year now but I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience or whether they know more about it.

2. Corona

Corona Registered Member

When I do biceps my hand get numb because my biceps take up all the blood lol.

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

The only thing on my body that gets numb is my ass and my balls from sitting down too much, while doing weights.

4. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Numbness? Like falling asleep?

I've had the sensation where I just can't lift anymore and I will stop mid-lift. I think I know what you're talking about though, Swift. I don't know much about it right now, but I will look into it when I can because I'm curious as well. First thoughts tell me that it's not healthy to keep going, I think it's your muscles way of saying, "If you won't stop, we will" kind of thing.

5. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

My butt and tail-bone area most of the time from doing sit-up's. I try to walk it out for a bit but every time it just loses circulation in that area and gets numb, really annoying at times.

~Shwa'

6. Nosferatu_Alucard

Do you do them at home or at the gym. If you're at home, do it on a bed. If you're at the gym, use a crunch machine, much less stress on the butt and tail-bone.

7. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I have a pillow underneath my bottom for some cushion, I feel like if I use the bed its really not helping me out at all since its all soft and supportive to the joints.

Yeah, when I go to the gym, its the machines for me, forget the floor-mats they have; lol.

~Shwa'

8. Nosferatu_Alucard

If you don't want to do it on your bed at home, at least get a yoga mat. Just as good and a lot less tension/stress.