Number 23

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you think they should of retired Michael Jordan number when he retired? I personally think they should, because he did so many things for the game, and arguably the best to ever play the game, and I don't think anyone should wear is number 23 again. That's my opinion are is yours?

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I think they probably should've. No one (for the time being) can do what Jordan did.

I don't see how players would want #23 since it kind of puts pressure on you to play well, being Jordan's number and all.

T

T-Bag

When Jordan retired from the Wizards the Miami Heat also retired his number.I think it's weird to do so cause he did so many things for the game but there were also many other players who did the same.
Jordan also wore 10 and 45..why not retire those too?

T

T-Bag

The thing is,NBA won't reitire the #23.Jordan was dominant but he's gonna be the same as Wilt is to us 40-50 from now to basketball fans then.I bet people talked about retiring Wilt's number back then too

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I dont figure they will retire 23 from the entire NBA, not yet at least as T-Bag said.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it would be a good idea to retire number 23. The NHL did it with gretzky's number 99. He did so much for the NBA and no one not even LeBron James should wear is number. It's just the way I feel.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Yeah, I dont think James should wear it, I think he is just wearing it in an attempt to let people know he is good.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not only that. He's wearing number 23 because he grew up idolizing Michael Jordan. I just think that David Stern should just retire the number. Michael Jordan did so much for the game in every possible aspect. By retiring is number it would show him that he appreciated every bits of it.

M

Midnight

Vince Carter said:
Not only that. He's wearing number 23 because he grew up idolizing Michael Jordan. I just think that David Stern should just retire the number. Michael Jordan did so much for the game in every possible aspect. By retiring is number it would show him that he appreciated every bits of it.
Ron Artest just so happened to wear number 23 when he was on the Pacers. #23 to basketball is a symbol, Michael Jordan. #33 Larry Bird, #34 Hakeem Olajuwon. Certain numbers have history behind it. Heck even #91 Dennis Rodman.

If they retire Michael's number for the whole NBA, they are going to have to retire more these legends' numbers too.