• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nuclear-armed drones

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Scary right? right. I mean I know Russias all worried about the NATO missile shield but a drone submarine capable of delivering a nuclear warhead? :eek: Imo thats way over the top but its happening now.
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russia-reveals-secret-nuclear-armed-drone-sub/

Theres always a chance that something can go wrong with weapons that have supervision. But a drone submarine wont have a human crew to respond if anything bad happens. One minor tech issues could start a massive war.
Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
From your article.

According to a translation of the document the goal of developing the submarine is “damaging the important components of the adversary’s economy in a coastal area and inflicting unacceptable damage to a country’s territory by creating areas of wide radioactive contamination that would be unsuitable for military, economic, or other activity for long periods of time.”
They really think they are going to do this and they won't be living in a wasteland themselves.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
From your article.

They really think they are going to do this and they won't be living in a wasteland themselves.
No they wont be living in a wasteland. Nobody will because Nuclear Winter. If they use enough nukes to disable a country then the world will have another ice age and everthing will die.
Thats why nuclear drones are scary. If something goes wrong then Earth could become another dead planet like Mars.

What we need is nuclear REDUCTION and NOT more nukes! And that needs to happen before it ends with a epic disaster.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
No they wont be living in a wasteland. Nobody will because Nuclear Winter. If they use enough nukes to disable a country then the world will have another ice age and everthing will die.
Thats why nuclear drones are scary. If something goes wrong then Earth could become another dead planet like Mars.

What we need is nuclear REDUCTION and NOT more nukes! And that needs to happen before it ends with a epic disaster.
I'm afraid the only way the world will get rid of all nukes is if something more destructive is discovered. Hopefully when that day comes, and it will, its not something that will destroy the environment like a nuke will.