• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NSA diverted PC's from shipping facilities to install spyware

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Der Spiegel reported on Sunday that the NSA’s “Tailored Access Operations” (TAO) has been diverting desktops and laptops shipped to U.S. consumers and installing spyware on them.

NSA diverted computers and laptops from shipping facilities to install spyware | The Raw Story
I don't think they should be allowed to do this. It would seem unconstitutional to me. I have no problem with spying on someone if they have a good reason but I think they are going too far doing this.

What do you think about them doing this?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think that this should have never happened. We, as a people, need to stand up and say we will not be spied on.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It seems like they do what they want and our government doesn't care or maybe they are doing exactly what the government wants.

“Basically their goal is to have total surveillance of everything that they are interested in,” he said. “There really is no boundary to what they want to do. There is only sometimes a boundary of what they are funded to be able to do, and the amount of things they are able to do at scale they seem to just do those things without thinking too much without it.”

“They would be able to break into this phone, almost certainly, and turn on the microphone,” Appelbaum said at one point as he re-inserted the battery into his mobile device. “All without a court, and that to me is really scary.” Indeed, classified files shown later during his presentation revealed a device that for $175,800 allows the NSA or another license client to construct a fake cell tower than can allow officials to eavesdrop on texts and talks alike.

http://rt.com/usa/appelbaum-30c3-nsa-snowden-986/