Nowitzki A Hall Of Famer? Popovich Believes So

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich didn't need to see Friday's performance by Dirk Nowitzki to offer an opinion on where the Dallas' forward will end his career.

"He's definitely a Hall of Famer," Popovich said before the game. "He's definitely going to be one of the greatest forwards ever to play the position because he has not only established himself as one of the best players in the league, but he's improved.

"He couldn't get a rebound when he first came in the league. In some ways, he couldn't even get a shot off. Then you think about where he is now, where nobody can guard the guy.

"And not only does he rebound, but he knows where the most important rebounds are. In Games 3 and 4 (of last season's Western Conference semifinals series) at their place, we've got the game in hand, and he goes and gets offensive rebounds in both games. That turned the fortunes of both of those games around."

how many not-americans are in the hall of fame?

i think he has to become MVP and win the finals to make a hall of fame candidate..

Aw, Here It Goes!
Well Drazen Petrovic made it to the HOF playing only like 3 season, I situation is different, but Dirk is a versitile player there are not many players like him in the league and right now he is leading his team with the best record in the NBA. At this rate he could make the HOF sooner than later.

A Darker Knight
I don't think he has to win a title or MVP to be a HOF. Some teams just aren't good enough to win a title even though they may have a superstar.

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
Look at Barkley he never won a title but he did make the Hall of Fame, and I believe this player is going to make the Hall of Fame and he's going to get is number retired in Dallas. He's a scoring machine and he's a good rebounder as well. Not a lot of seven footers can do what he does.

Only if the Bucks knew how good this guy was going to get they would of never traded him for Pat Garrity and Trackter Trailer.

Dirk definetly has a shot at making it into the Hall. He is virtually unguradable right now. There isn't a seven footer in the league that can do what he does. I wouldn't be shocked to see him make it into teh Hall of Fame.

I'm pretty positive that Dirk will be in the Hall of Fame when he retires. His overall game is just amazing. He's 7 feet tall and he can do things a guard can do. What 7 feet tall forward can shoot three's, lead an offense, rebound and block shots all at the same time? There really is no one else that can do that but Dirk. His overall game along with his teammates has helped the Mavs get to the Finals for the past two years. Even if he doesn't have the opportunity of winning an NBA Championship, the man is one of the best players in the league right now.