Now that's frigging cold.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Apparently the year my family moved to Chicago there were temperatures under -20 degrees Fahrenheit and windchills of -80 degrees. I don't remember it since I was only 2 years old, but my parents said they had to close the schools and everything. It hasn't gotten that cold ever since, but we do get pretty cold winters here usually.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

-50 ?
    wow. i hate having cold. i can't do anything when having cold and i don't know what i would do if i lived anywhere where temp. are so low.
    right now the temp here in Tirana is 3 °C. it's not a big deal compared to other cities in the world...but still i hate it. i become lazy.

4. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Wow that is nuts, the coldest I have been in is -20C and I thought that was fucking cold lol.

5. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Believe me, I'm used to the cold, but THAT is friggen cold. It's pretty cold today even at -30ish. It hurts to be outside for too long. Your face gets all sore. It's pretty brutal. (PS, I live in the prairies so I'm not looking foreward to this cold snap)

6. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Wait... There are negative temperatures? :shocked:

Oh wait... Celsius... Yeah, nevermind.

lol. The coldest I've ever seen was -1F/-18C. And really getting that cold is an extreme rarity. It's been rare to get down into the single digits lately. =(

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Isn't there a certain level of cold it can be before it gets to be dangerous to people?

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Exposed skin can be frostbitten any temperature below freezing probably, depending on length of exposure and windchill. If you're dressed properly you can be fine for a while down to -20F or a little colder.

Post #10000

Millz likes this.
  9. Puck

Puck Registered Member

I saw that on the news tonight, for being as "warm" as it has been in my area, I feel bad for you.

10. midnightseve

midnightseve Registered Member

It is cold. Ugh. Where's global warming when you need it. I thought the temperature was supposed to be rising.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009