• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Not Watching The News

Pepper

Registered Member
I never watch the news, simply because I find them extremely boring. It also feels like the same stories are repeating themselves. I don't really know why people look at me funny whenever I tell them that I have no idea about what's going on in the world. What's so terrible about that?

Sophia

Registered Member
Nothing Pepper. There is never anything good on the news anyway. All it does is put bad things in our minds that affects our mood and well being. I don't watch it either.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The news is pretty skewed due to the fact that all major news networks make money from advertising. As long as one story will earn more money than another, we’ll never hear that other story.

The idea that we are being fed “news” is a misconception at best and an outright lie at worst. We aren’t being fed what we want to hear.

Look around the world and you’ll realize news is happening everywhere. It’s just not very marketable.

NellyBell

Registered Member
I'm not a fan of watching the news because I find it so sensationalized. It always feels like I'm watching an editorial with a lot of strong politicized opinions rather than getting all the facts. I found I had to comb through several news sites in order to get what I felt was the whole story and that's just exhausting.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't watch the news much at all. Most of the time I feel I'm not getting the whole story and its more of an opinion piece than news when it comes to politics. If you hear something on a left leaning site, or right, they seem to report in a way that enforces their political position.

NellyBell

Registered Member
I don't watch the news much at all. Most of the time I feel I'm not getting the whole story and its more of an opinion piece than news when it comes to politics. If you hear something on a left leaning site, or right, they seem to report in a way that enforces their political position.
Exactly. It's just like any other form of television; it tries to pander to its primary audience and that leads to strongly politicized news since, well, our community is so polarized when it comes to politics.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Most times I prefer to read news so that i can digest it relatively quickly and move on. For me it's a combination of the fact that news has become constantly editorialized upon delivery, and also because it's focused on the negative. Watching it too long can really bring you down and make the world look much worse than it really is.