• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Not sexy but Important

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Before I post anything more about what is going to be discussed I would ask that you take a few minutes to watch the below video and then post about what it says to you, it is less than two and a half minutes long:

Not Sexy

I wasn't expecting to be as affected by this film as much as I have been. I already knew what the topic and the nature of the video was about before I clicked on it but I just didn't expect I guess to be blind sided so quickly and to be confronted with the facts but then that is what makes it so powerful.

Any thoughts on this?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
That was a really interesting approach to a serious and uncomfortable topic. Good way to make a point, I think. Why is sexy even important, when we have real world issues to deal with. Thanks for sharing sun. I haven't heard or seen anything about this before now, and I'm glad I watched it!

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's an odd approach, I'm still not sure if the discomfort was the focus they were going after but it was very weird.

It's a sad truth of our world that slavery, rape, trafficking and murder are some of the most common things happening to children in this world. I wish it was as easy as simply "saving" them but it's not. These countries are war-torn, run by dictators or function with little to no law in place. I don't know how we can save most of those people without saving their countries and that is a very tall order.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
You are right Merc, I think the problem is that this issue is such a huge one it can often be difficult to do anything in the immediate in a "cannot see the tree for the woods" sort of way. I think what makes this affective is this is a difficult subject to approach, it is not sexy but if that can help it stick in peoples minds I hope this works to that effect.