• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Not More Guitar Hero!

dDave

V.I.P.
When I heard that they were making a second game a while back all I could think about was how much I hated the game. The game is not fun at all, and with the amount of time you would spend playing the game you could get insanely good at real guitar. The only reason why people don't play a regular guitar is because it's not in video game format. If there was to be a good guitar game that actually required true guitar playing skill then many more people would play real guitar.

Gwiz

Registered Member
I do agree with you Dave and I think the popularity is the result of the interaction with the guitar. I personally think it's okay and the kids love it.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
A friend of mine IS really good at guitar but hes totally addicted to it. Its the ultimate drinking game and while its nowhere near as fulfilling as playing a real guitar well, there is a real sense of satisfaction when your nailing the songs of your favourite bands.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I played the game once at a friends house. I decided it was stupid after I failed a song in 20 seconds that I can easily play on guitar.
and your not a hero if you play that game... you're a "guitar wimp" too afraid to get those calluses.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So, I'm a fairly moderate guitar player, and I highly enjoy Guitar Hero. It really is an awesome drinking game, and I find that the people who don't like it are the ones who won't take the time to learn the little details about playing. I know people who've gotten to playing on expert just from casual playing.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Maybe I could actually figure it out after a few more tries. I'm sure I'll play it sometime in the future

MegaMike

Registered Member
It's a game. The point is to do something you probably aren't going to be able to do in real life. Sure, I *could* get really good at football and some day play in the NFL, but really, most people are fine with getting a watered down approximation of the real thing. I *could* join the military and go to war, but really, I'm fine playing Call of Duty on my couch. As for Guitar Hero, it lets me feel in some way that I'm a talented musician that can play some absurd songs and get tons of money for it, without having to put forth so much effort. I can play a real guitar somewhat, but not well enough to play, say, Psychobilly Freakout, and I doubt I ever will. I'm content living out a fantasy through video games.

All that being said, do get off the couch every now and again to play a casual game of real football or have a guitar jam session with some friends. Don't go out and kill hookers with golf clubs though...

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
I like playing real guitar. I tried guitar hero at a friends house one time, and I decided it is a very pointless game.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah I feel that it is pointless too, I just can't see how it is fun.

Now they've released the third one.

Teorropy

I actually got to play it yesterday for the first time, I really liked it. It challenges me on a video game, I don't have to many ones in my house that challenge me anymore. I for one look forward to getting it so my family and I can have fun together playing it.