Not Enough Recognition

Th3Pr3Tz3l

Registered Member
What are the bands/artists you listen to that you think were AMAZING despite their total lack of recognition or fame? Whether they are early in their careers and haven't earned it yet or they've been going through this for a long time. I've got 2 bands for ya :)

One of my favorite bands, an indie Canadian group called MGMT get's looked over a lot. I'm not really sure how to term their genre...New Wave?

I LOVE THEM xD

YouTube - MGMT - Of Moons, Birds and Monsters Live @ Morning Becomes Eclectic - Of Moons, Birds & Monsters from the album Oracular Spectacular

YouTube - MGMT - TIME TO PRETEND - LIVE ON ABBEY ROAD - Time To Pretend, also from Oracular Spectacular

They've recently released a new album called "Congratulations"

My other submission to you is Rain Machine. The side project of the guitarist Kyp Malone from the rock group TV On The Radio. He is an amazing musician and he has no Wikipedia entry for this project. And I mean c'mon...EVERYTHING worth ANYTHING get's a Wikipedia article =P

YouTube - Rain Machine - "Give Blood"

Opinions? Who do you want to make me listen to because you are annoyed at society for not recognizing?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I don't know, MGMT seemed to get pretty big in the U.S. after the fanvid for "Kids" went virey. I would say, though, that Joe Purdy, Ray LaMontagne, Conor Oberst, Damien Rice, Langhorne Slim, and Catherine Feeny all could do with a vigorous bit of marketing.

Last edited:

Th3Pr3Tz3l

Registered Member
I don't know, MGMT seemed to get pretty big in the U.S. after the fanvid for "Kids" went virey.
Meh. If you count the fanvid of one of their music vids as fame I guess. Surprisingly unknown in Canada though at least where I am.

By the way I think I said they were a CANADIAN indie band, nooooot correct at all =P I know they're from the States....AH! Wikipedia says Connecticut :)

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Meh. If you count the fanvid of one of their music vids as fame I guess. Surprisingly unknown in Canada though at least where I am.
No, I wouldn't call that fame; more like a consequence of it. I was thinking about how often I've heard them on the radio when I said they were big here.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
oh goodness I <3 MGMT!!!

I'm really feeling Blame Coco at the minute.

They're supporting La Roux on their tour.

:)

xxx

Th3Pr3Tz3l

Registered Member
I <3 La Roux just as you <3 MGMT =P

Matthew Good is a great artist, although I did like him a bit better when he had the whole band with him :)

For having an astounding discography Matthew Good is surprisingly little known. Ew that sounds improper but I can't think of any other way to say it =P