Nostradamus?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Rapier, May 15, 2009.

1. Rapier

Rapier Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Nostradamus?

Read the following. Does it not sound like the situation the United States is in this very moment thanks to neocon, deregulation, and media influences?

2. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I googled some of that and its from Mein Kampf. I don't understand how it relates to Nostradamus?

3. Rapier

Nostradamus/seer.

Forget who wrote it. It is a generically, resoundingly sound assessment of America's current plight/morass/predicament. Is it not?

4. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Not really. Quotes like that can be related to any time in history to any civilization. I don't see it as that specifically happening in the US.

5. MenInTights

Well yeah. I mean its true that things are always going to hell, so in one sense its no different, but...
    We've learned nothing from the Great Depression
    Ever watch the movies and tv today?

that's definitely true.

6. Rapier

Quote:
    Around peoples who offer too violent a resistance to attack from within he weaves a net of enemies, thanks to his international influence, incites them to war, and finally, if necessary, plants a flag of revolution on the very battlefields.....

Could Iran, Iraq, or Afghanistan be conquered from within?

In the political field .. refuses the state the means for its self-preservation, destroys the foundations of all national self-maintenance and defense, destroys faith in the leadership, scoffs at its history and past, and drags everything that is truly great into the gutter.

Has not the American Media, Mews, TV and Film done just that since the sixties?

Culturally, .. contaminates art, literature, the theater, makes a mockery of natural feeling, .... drags men down into the sphere of his own base nature.

Religion is ridiculed, ethics and morality represented as outmoded, until the last props of a nation in its struggle for existence in this world have fallen........

The most frightful example of this kind ............ in order to give a gang of ....... journalists and stock exchange bandits domination over a great people.

Are trillions of dollars not being handed over to financial institutions as we post?

7. CaptainObvious

Again, you could apply those same quotations to many many civilizations both past and present.

8. MenInTights

I still don't understand why who wrote it doesn't matter. I mean, isn't that the moral of the story? Be on the lookout for the smooth talking leader that says give me the power and I will solve these problems?

9. Rapier

The moral of the story is that those state of affairs, that have beset America at this very minute, have a cause and an effector. They just don't happen. They are caused by"smooth talkers," as you will, who have poisoned America from behind the curtain.
    Do you think the wars we are in and and the financial crisis is merely happenstance?

10. CaptainObvious

As far as the "financial crisis" no, it's not happenstance. But it's not due to smooth talkers either. Markets swings back and forth, they have too. We're in a recession because of errors made in the previous administration as well as the current one. Mistakes they've made has slowed down the swing in the opposite direction.

Again, these things have happened in China, Great Britian, France, Spain, the US before, etc...I fail to see how the situation in the US currently is unique.