North Korea Warns of War

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Before it was just Sabre Rattling... now they are starting to really mean business.

SEOUL (Reuters) – North Korea said on Thursday it was ready for war with the South, just hours before U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was set to arrive in Seoul for talks on defusing the North's military threat.

North Korea has repeatedly threatened in recent weeks to reduce the South to ashes. Pyongyang is thought to be readying its longest-range missile for launch in what analysts say is a bid to grab the new U.S. administration's attention and pressure Seoul to ease up on its hard line.

~~~
Analysts said the North may provoke a minor skirmish but they did not expect a major conflict because Pyongyang's huge but ill-equipped army is little match for South Korea and its major ally the United States, which positions about 28,000 troops on the peninsula.

The North said it may be forced to counter strike if it felt threatened by joint U.S. and South Korean military drills announced on Wednesday. The annual drills will be held in March.
North Korea warns of war as Clinton heads for Seoul
My personal biggest fear is, yes we know they have outdated weaponry that we know about but what do they have that we dont know about. A very important line I felt in this article was: "a bid to grab the new U.S. administration's attention". This will be a good opportunity for Obama to let the rest of the world know where his version of the US stands in the face of controversy.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
My personal biggest fear is, yes we know they have outdated weaponry that we know about but what do they have that we dont know about.
We pretty much know what gets shipped to them, and given that their entire military infrastructure is ground forces (we have military satellites that can tell the time of the watch on your wrist), they're at best equipped with late Soviet-era weaponry- also none of the military has fought a war. Their GDP is so miserable that most of their 'military spending' is kept keeping the six million soldiers fed, not RnDing ICBMs.

They do have quite a tunnel system, which makes reunification through war very, very difficult (think Vietnam but worse). However the idea that they can march across the DMZ in an offensive campaign and take on F-22A's and cruise missiles is laughable. A single American aircraft carrier could reduce North Korea's offensive capabilities to nil in a matter of hours.

I do think they'll do a missile test, probably over SK and Japan. North Korea needs money and aid, and the only way they can give it with their current diplomacy strategy is to threaten war. I hope Obama is able to keep a firm stance while making sure the humanitarian situation does not deteriorate further. The Korean peninsula is no different than West/East Germany, and the regime is wafer-thin. I think it's a matter of years now, not decades.

I'd say it's still pretty much sabre-rattling. However, one cannot really assess what a madman would or would not do. Can't reason with insanity, which it would seem to be if they ever tried anything in the near future.

My guess, just drummin up some attention, maybe seeing if Obama has anything to say that Bush wouldn't.

Kim Jong-Il is one of those leaders that everyone has every reason to be afraid of and to me they just want to restart the Korean War and then take it to the next level, which is why I think someone needs to overthrow and fix that country ASAP. Or that's exactly what will happen.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Just Google Video: North Korea...

You'll see exactly why we'd whoop their ass before they even know what was going on. I mean we practically crippled Saddam Hussiens military in a matter of days. You think N. Korea even has a chance. I highly doubt they have sophisticated radar. Our stealth bombers and fighters (F-22's) could sneak right in and blow their outdated military into oblivion before they even knew what the hell was going on.

North Korea Military Guide

A simple look at that link will show their capabilities (which are rather weak). Without an Air Force, no ground force has a chance in hell.

Also note all the videos they allow out of N. Korea only show the fancy cool stuff they have. It's a show of force, just like the Soviet Union and Iraq did in the 1980's. Parading men and missiles thru the street of your capital is hardly a show of force. If you saw what is behind the lines (what they don't show) N. Korea would be crushed like a bug under my boot.

Last edited:
Just Google Video: North Korea...

You'll see exactly why we'd whoop their ass before they even know what was going on. I mean we practically crippled Saddam Hussiens military in a matter of days. You think N. Korea even has a chance. I highly doubt they have sophisticated radar. Our stealth bombers and fighters (F-22's) could sneak right in and blow their outdated military into oblivion before they even knew what the hell was going on.

A simple look at that link will show their capabilities (which are rather weak). Without an Air Force, no ground force has a chance in hell.

Also note all the videos they allow out of N. Korea only show the fancy cool stuff they have. It's a show of force, just like the Soviet Union and Iraq did in the 1980's. Parading men and missiles thru the street of your capital is hardly a show of force. If you saw what is behind the lines (what they don't show) N. Korea would be crushed like a bug under my boot.
Exactly. The only real problems you're gonna come across is how China and Russia are going to take to it. I'm not saying they'd consider martial action, but remember the Georgia incident last year? I can see Russia making a similar act of aggression as they did then.

Walt

Registered Member
Dog gone it!! I hate war and we really don't need this right now and it's a pain in the keester!
Before any of our guys die for these frivolous idiots, we should just take one evening, scatter drop enough H bombs to wipe them down and then get back to more important things like getting this country back in shape.
I hate taking this attitude, but darn, when will we ever have peace with the earth filled with such idiots. And Bush made it harder to be the good guys.
My worry is China- they are the ones to watch!