North Korea warned over 'provocative' test

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Kazmarov, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Source

I'm torn about this. Do you think this is the U.S and Japan being paranoid regarding their surroundings, or is North Korea at fault? Any ideas on how to rectify the situation?

2. Mecha

Mecha Guest

Well, thier nukes are the only reason the US isn't destablizing the nation furthur or invading it. Thus, it is only logical for them to keep developing nukes and missiles. End of story, until the US has a competent anti-missile system (although, I personally think it is *possible* it really is successful, but the real program is kept under wraps), then N. Korea starts getting more desperate, but their having artillery and Surface to Surface missiles holding a good chunk of S. Korea ready to be demolished at a moment's notice is probably enough.

Time, and trying to get them to voluntarily cooperate, is the only good option.

~Mecha

3. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

We have every reason to be paranoid... they're developing weapons that can hurt us. But then... we have equally powerful (actually, probably much MORE powerful weapons) at our desposal, and it's hypocritical of us to say that we can have them but they can't.

4. Mecha

Mecha Guest

I don't see why we should be paranoid at all... So long as we don't invade them or whatnot, they won't launch because we'd nuke them out of existance.

~Mecha

5. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

It seems like to me if Japan and U.S don't have a country that is breaking from under their Iron Fist...they freak out. If NK wanted to launch a Satellite in to space then let them do it, they wouldn't have put it as a cover up is Japan and US didn't restrict people from doing what they want to do as long as it's not dangerous. Plus if NK does it or plans to do it then there's probably gonna be a fight to add to the already chaotic disasters >>;