North Dakota gives human rights to fertalized eggs

Hiei

The Hierophant
North Dakota House Gives Fertilized Eggs Human Status - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

The bill declares that "any organism with the genome of homo sapiens" is a person protected by rights granted by the North Dakota Constitution and state laws.

The measure's sponsor, Rep. Dan Ruby, R-Minot, said the legislation did not automatically ban abortion. Ruby has introduced bills in previous sessions of the Legislature to prohibit abortion in North Dakota.

"This language is not as aggressive as the direct ban legislation that I've proposed in the past," Ruby said during House floor debate on Tuesday. "This is very simply defining when life begins, and giving that life some protections under our Constitution — the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
Well, North Dakota has definitely decided when life begins. I'm not sure that I like this. Even though they said it's not going to outright outlaw abortion, it looks like it's not going to be far off. In North Dakota, at least. What do you think about this?

Finally! The argument of abortion is moot until you decide at what age life begins. Now, North Dakota's definition of it isn't gonna be the same as others would say, but they had the right to do this. :thumbup: