Nor'Easter

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Goody gumdrops :shake: Those of us in the Northeast know about these... they're calling for one this weekend.

Nor'easter 1 of 2 storms expected | APP.com | Asbury Park Press

Brace yourself for some stormy weather today and through the weekend.

A nor'easter is expected to generate strong winds, coastal flooding, heavy rains and possibly moderate beach erosion today and Friday in New Jersey, according to the National Weather Service.

"This is going to be a fairly significant storm," said Kristin Kline, a meteorologist in the weather service's Mount Holly office.
Another storm, possibly not as strong, is expected Saturday into Sunday, she said.

David A. Robinson, the New Jersey state climatologist at Rutgers University, said "there is just an inordinate amount of energy in the atmosphere across the entire continent, and what we're gonna be feeling is a series of storm systems that are just feeding off this energy."
A coastal flood watch was in effect for late tonight through Friday evening. A high wind watch was also in effect from this afternoon through Friday afternoon, the weather service said.

Northeast winds tonight and Friday were expected to increase from 25 mph to 30 mph, with gusts of around 50 mph. A few gusts may be up to 60 miles an hour, according to the weather service.

Such strong winds would result in downed trees and tree limbs and scattered power outages. They also might pose a threat to residents and property, the weather service said.

Seas will build to 6 to 9 feet today and as high as 8 to 12 or more, Kline said.

Widespread minor tidal flooding was possible along the Atlantic oceanfront and Raritan Bay during the high tide that will take place between 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. today, according to the weather service. High tide along the back bays will take place up to a few hours later.
Moderate tidal flooding was possible during Friday's high tides, according to the weather service.

"What worries me is the coastal area took a bit of a beating back in early September," Robinson said. "This will be another hit or two."

redsoxocd

living on the border
this really really sucks. I hate these things....I'm supposed to go to an open house for Mass College of Liberal Arts on Saturday.

I dont want to drive 3 hours to get there just to find out that it is cancelled...do they cancel those things because of heavy rain?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
We're getting snow/slush/rain. It's a fun mix to drive in, it's not really sticking tho. My in laws live upstate and they got 3 inches of the white stuff.

Rectify88

Registered Member
Man I miss all the good stuff when I'm away from home. More than likely if it will hit Jersy it's gonna hit Beantown too. That's why my household drives 4X4's.