non-static banners

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by LicentiousVenus, Apr 25, 2005.

1. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

Why type of software do i need to get to produces banners that move...similar to some of those in the paid auction showcase? I was also wondering how to create transparent backgrounds on images. I do most of my design work with adobe photoshop cs, but don't think its capable of doing either of these....thanks

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you mean animated .gifs? I would suggest Adobe Image Ready, which you can get for a few hundred... Of course there are cheaper ones that do really the same thing. I just like I.R. because it can open photoshop layered files.

3. LicentiousVenus

Ya..i'm an idiot...i was just about to post that i figured it out...i have image ready already just hadn't used it....Its amazing what you can find out when you actually read theh help information....thanks, I really don't mean to ask stupid questions...I've been up since yesterday working on a project.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

A banner that is "animated" or moves. Like some of the banners in the paid auction showcase. :) Like the one with the house with the lights.

5. starfx6464

starfx6464 Awesome

They're really nifty. :D Although they can be distracting...

6. LicentiousVenus

I think the point of animating them is to be distracting....attract attention to the banner itself...just bad to be too invasive