• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Non-offensive training music

Tristan84

Registered Member
I know I already did a thread about training music, but I figured I should look for more non-offensive music (no hip-hop, no metal), since I'm in an apartment and I don't want to upset my neighbors.

I'm trying to figure out some good workout music for MMA/boxing training, that I can play over speakers without annoying my neighbors. Sorry for repeating myself.

So far, I have:

and:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If they are trying to concentrate on something, sleeping, any loud music is going to bother them. Best to keep the volume turned down to a reasonable level.

As far as finding music no one will find offensive, well good luck with that. People are so easily offended these days.

Tristan84

Registered Member
I would be working ot after I get home from work, so no issues with people sleeping, and of course, I'll keep the volume down.

I know my next-door neighbor likes EDM (Electronic Dance Music), but I don't know about my upstairs neighbor. I don't really see him often to talk to. Same with the other 3 neighbors.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Since you keep the volume down I would just play what I liked.

People upstairs probably would be less likely to hear it anyway. Its usually people below you or beside you that will hear it the most.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Step 1: Fuck what the neighbors like.

Step 2: Listen at a reasonable noise level

Step 3: Listen to whatever you want.

Step 4: Metal is only offensive to choir boys.

Step 5: Try this on for size

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
If they are trying to concentrate on something, sleeping, any loud music is going to bother them. Best to keep the volume turned down to a reasonable level.

As far as finding music no one will find offensive, well good luck with that. People are so easily offended these days.
I take offense to your comment. I am a person and I am not easily offended. How dare you lump me in with everybody else. And what in the world is that racket in the background? :D

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I know I already did a thread about training music, but I figured I should look for more non-offensive music (no hip-hop, no metal), since I'm in an apartment and I don't want to upset my neighbors.

I'm trying to figure out some good workout music for MMA/boxing training, that I can play over speakers without annoying my neighbors. Sorry for repeating myself.

So far, I have:

and:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Damn. It won't let me modify the quotes so only a PART of this gets put in. I'm going to come back and edit this post to see if it works that way instead.

Ok, it won't do it. So I guess I'll just continue what I was going to say. First off...

THANK YOU for even THINKING of being this considerate. One of the great things about quitting my old MMA gym is that I don't have to hear their shitty hip-hop music anymore and have that shit BURNED INTO my brain. That could be a deal breaker for any future gyms and I would consider that if you look to join one.

But back to you.

If you really want to be safe completely, you can undergo the task of getting to know everybody around you within predicted earshot of their music and see what they're individually ok with. The problems though is that (1) they may not all agree on the same thing and produce conflicts, and (2) if they weren't aware of your music before, they will be now that you've brought it to their attention. So it's a huge gamble and depends on how much confidence you have in the people around you being (A) good enough people, and (B) reasonable, and (C) your skills in communicating with them.

But, all that said, I do have my own suggestions.

Have you tried video game tunes?

One of the ones I use all the time for weightlifting and would do the same with MMA if I trained at home is the "Perfect Dark End Credits Music", which you can find pretty readily from google or youtube. It's one of the best songs of all time and has that "extra something" in terms of motivation.

I also like the "Chrono Trigger Lavos Final Battle" (first theme not second) because it has a sense of epicness that works for weight lifting and might also do the same with MMA.

Also, I would look up the "Mario Kart 64 End Credits" and see if that works for you as well. It's more celebratory than the rest but if you play it over the Rocky III beach training scene, it fits better than the original "Gonna Fly Now", so I'm thinking you might like it for your own training depending on what exactly you're doing.

Also, I've looped both the "Terminator II Judgement Day Theme" and "Bill Goldberg WWE Entrance Theme" to play 80 minutes on a CD for weight lifting, and I think those would be good.

Also, if you like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the "TMNT IV Star Base Theme" is a very good one too. I've looped that 80 minutes and even with SNES sound, it's still good enough to pass the test of time today for MMA training.

There are so many others, I should just see if I can upload something here depending on what MB limitations are on the upload.

Ok, nothing is appearing selectable on my entire hard drive. Whatever.

Also I've looped "Tomorrow" from the Ali Soundtrack from the 2003 movie. That's a type.

Also Eminem's Instrumental version of "Lose Yourself" is a really good one to loop for 80 minutes. I can get you any of these tracks you need if I can find a way to transfer roughly 878 MB of audio file to you, either through this site or elseway.

Also the Mortal Kombat theme I have looped without the character names for like 10 minutes.

Yeah, so let me know if you like or want any of these things. This is what I do when I use my editing talents for non-film production stuff.

Also, (I'm just editing as I think of stuff now),

google or youtube search "Guile Theme Goes With Everything" and you'll see how the Guile theme from Street Fighter II goes with pretty much everything and I think someone may have a multi-hour loop of there that you can rip directly if you have a screenshot program with a movie feature. All you have to do since you don't want the video is make the video box really tiny on the screen so that it doesn't take much HD space in the recording process, and then when however much of the song you want is finished, uncheck the box that says "Video" and it will give you the audio only from whatever you recorded on your computer screen. That's how you rip music playable on your screen, and video game music is perfectly legal almost always to do so with.

The only thing you have to worry about with ripping something from an online player is that most people who play songs for hours do not fade the song's ends to beginnings and they just resort to shameless repititions from the start. That's why I take every song I want and edit them myself so that it's "Continuous" and I label it that on the CD i used to burn it to before my CD player stopped working for someodd reason. So that's an option with those.

The Goldeneye End Credits theme. The fast one. Good for the fastest speed drills you do.

The important thing to remember is that music is supposed to be heard INSIDE not from OUTside. That's what all the rap crap in gyms fail at. They're like extra things HITTING your ears from the outside. Music that is useful for MMA is not going to do that, it's going to reach you inside and help translate to increased motivation inside. When I was bearing gym tunes, I felt like I was being "assaulted" by the music most of the time. So pay attention to the difference in the way it affects you.

Last edited:

Tristan84

Registered Member
This may sound kinda weird, but I just found a cover/remix of the theme from Rescue 911. Have a listen.

Would that make a good workout song?