Non-narcotic pain killers

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Does anyone know of any strong non-narcotic prescription pain killers I can request from my doctor? For those of you who don't know I had a car accident a few years ago and my left knee was fucked up and had to be re-constructed with coral calcium and titanium plates. It's healed since, but I have chronic pain problems with it due to changing weather and arthritis etc...

The reason I say non-narcotic is because I want a strong pain killer long term and don't want to get hooked on a narcotic pain killer like Percocet or Vicodin etc... regular Tylenol and Ibuprofen doesn't do it for me, even in high doses.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can have prescribed long term that is strong and non-narcotic? Or is narcotic pain killers the only option for helping bouts of extreme pain? Normally I'm fine, but sometimes its unbearable to the point where I can't walk without severe pain for periods.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Have you discussed this with your doctor? Lidocaine and steroid injections in the affected joint may be indicated. These can bring relief without the side effects of addiction or toxicity that traditional systemic analgesics can cause.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Then I would suggest asking for a strong anti-inflammatory and using a natural supplement called Glucosomine + MSM. Seems to work for me.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Have you discussed this with your doctor? Lidocaine and steroid injections in the affected joint may be indicated. These can bring relief without the side effects of addiction or toxicity that traditional systemic analgesics can cause.
No, but I plan on making an appointment to address this issue. It's kind of gotten to the point where 1000mg of Ibuprofen doesn't help. In the mean time I have some left over Percocet from my wisdom teeth removal and it helps, but like I said, really don't want a narcotic to be a long term fix.

I'll look into the anti-inflammatory drugs and talk to him about that.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out it's not a constant problem. Normally it's fine and I can go about my life pain free. But if I twist it wrong, lift too much, or the weather gets cold etc... it acts up and begins to hurt.

Last edited:

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
You sure there isn't another issue here? Is it just chronic pain or did something not heal correctly?

pro any pain killer you can get addicted to. So it really isnt a matter of getting a narcotic one or not.

You need to take something within moderation levels. This is a discussion for your doctor since you dont want to get addicted to anything.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Ibuprofen (Motrin/Advil) is an anti-inflammatory drug. You may need to go to something like Celebrex for the arthritis if 1000 mg of Motrin doesn't work.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Ibuprofen (Motrin/Advil) is an anti-inflammatory drug. You may need to go to something like Celebrex for the arthritis if 1000 mg of Motrin doesn't work.
I would go with Ibuprofen for sure, that's a life saver. Also, I would recommend Benedril as well, though its mostly for allergies and all, it's still a good medication.

~Shwa