• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SEGA Nomad

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Did anyone else have the joy of playing this beast? I thought it was the greatest thing in handlelds (at the time).

In case you don't know, the Nomad was basically a Game Gear that played Genesis games and could even be hooked into your tv.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I owned one for a while. Wow that was a good little system. I wish I still had it, but at least I kept my Genesis. It's only a matter of time before all consoles have a build in screen. If the PSP can be as good as it is now, think of the consoles in 5 years. They could all be portable with video outputs and extra controller adapters for 4 controllers. :)

Sega takes the cake for portable gaming though. They were the first to use a backlight, and even after they did, it took Nintendo YEARS and three versions of the GameBoy later before they even offered this function. Those worm lights are rediculous.

Doc

V.I.P.
Actually, the Lynx was the first with a backlight screen.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok I stand corrected. Even so, they sold the most of them, and Nintendo totally should have realized that people wanted backlights a LONG time ago.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Andrew said:
Ok I stand corrected. Even so, they sold the most of them, and Nintendo totally should have realized that people wanted backlights a LONG time ago.
You have to remeber that whatever Nintendo does is for $$'s

backlit screens took so long because it wasnt feesable to them until it was cheap enough... why do you think the DS has 2 of them! t wasnt until someone was putting backlights into the orinigal GBA's that it became cheap enough for them to do.

Sony might have massivly good graphics on the PSP, but its battery life sucks. no where near nintendos 8-10 hous for GBA and DS

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I once had one long long ago... I have no idea what happened to it. But it was cool.

Never had one, but I remember seeing ads for it and wanting one really bad. My parents refused to get one though because I already had a Game Gear, and a Genesis. Whatever.

Spinlock

Registered Member
I inherited one of these guys from a friend... I will eventually play it again, after I figure out what's broken inside there.

Doc

V.I.P.
What kind/how many batteries does it have?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GameGenie Video Games 5