• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Noel out! Maurice in - Jets

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
“@DarrenDreger: TSN has learned Claude Noel has been relieved of his duties as head coach of the Winnipeg Jets. Assistant, Perry Pearn also let go. #TSN”

Maurice was hired as a replacement

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Noel will move into Maurice's spot on TSN.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Saw this coming. I was watching an Andrew Ladd interview on CBC after the Habs game, and called it right there and then. But how the hell does Paul Maurice keep getting job offers? His career record is 3 games over 500. He has had more losing seasons and more years missing the playoffs than making the playoffs. I feel sorry for the Jets fans.

TORHABSFAN

Great now we get to stare at those discuting massive bags under his eyes again. When he coached the leafs they grew over time as he must have been kept up all night thinking about how much his team sucked. I can't imagine it will be any diffrent in Winnipeg.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
I like Maurice. He can not be any worse than Noel. Noel was good for camera fodder and that was about it.

The writing has been in the air for Noel for a while. The night that they played, or lack thereof, against Tampa Bay it was their worse performance ever as the Jets 2.0. After that game, Chevy called up Maurice and asked him if he wanted back in the league... I guess Chevy got all of the right answers.

The switching of Byfuglien on the forward was a last ditch effort that was screaming "save my job". To me, Byfuglien has never been a defense-man. Never. Why people keep asking him to defend is beyond me. He would always be a forward for me or he wouldn't be on my team.

You could see the players had no confidence, even going back to the Blake Wheeler interview over a month ago. Wheeler pretty much laid everything on the line and told the press how he felt. You could tell he was frustrated... something had to change.

I am sure Chevy has been doing his best to trade players, make some changes, but trades are very hard to make this year. It might ease up some next year when the cap increases by a silly number... so if you are unable to change the players for your coach you are only left with the option of changing the coach. The cheapest and easiest option that gives you the rest of this season "off" in terms of the coaching debacle...

It was only last Thursday I was telling the guy that runs our poker, a giant JetsHead, that they have to stop being the Thrashers. It's time to become the Jets.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
That was possibly the best game the Jets have played all year... and Byfuglien was a beast at forward. He's the power forward teams dream of having...

I think the issue with the Winnipeg Jets goes deeper than just a coach managerial position. It's the coach, the players, the organization in its whole. How can a team possibly function as a unit when their two best marketing assets (Byfuglien & Kane) are constantly embroiled in controversy? Changing the coach can help but eventually, you're gonna have to look to make changes in the locker room if you're Kevin Cheveldayoff.