• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nobody is Perfect

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Just when I thought being perfect would be glamorous, I realized the real truth about it: You don't get to learn anything! I'm not saying that anyone should do it, but without making some mistakes every now and then, you won't be able to expand your mind.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If you and everything you do are perfect, there would be no need to learn anything. Why learn from mistakes if you don't make any? Your mind would already be expanded.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
I think it would be rather boring. No other reason to challenge yourself or do much of anything. You would already know you are capable of doing it all.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think it's an arguable trait of life: to be imperfect. From your mistakes you learn, you grow and you seek out new people and places. It doesn't mean we all have to fuck ourselves up to get anywhere, but it's definitely part of the maturation process.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Perfection isn't obtainable. We should all strive to be the best we can. Mistakes will be made. Making those mistakes and being imperfect is all a part of the human condition and I believe we should all embrace it.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Nobody can really define perfection anyway. The opinion on it would vary from person to person.

I am happy with the mistakes I've made. I've always made sure never to make the same mistake again, plus I always learn new things about myself and the kind of person I am/want to be.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
My feelings exactly, Amy. After years of trying to make myself perfect, I realized how stressful it can be and it's best to learn from mistakes, as long as you don't slip up too much.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
No one is perfect, at least I don't think so. I've made mistakes and will more than likely make more but the trick is to learn from them and not repeat them. Life and my mistakes are what makes me the person I am.

If anyone thinks they are perfect they are usually the least perfect.

MaryCha

Exactly. The definition of perfection varies from people to people ... You could be perfect for someone, and very imperfect for others. And the best part of it is that generally you don't even know it !
Pefection. This word shouldn't even have been invented. It's just like "Normal". What does being "normal" means ?