• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 No Xbox 360 for Australians, EVER!

Pianobone

Registered Member
dk_rare said:
in which case you may be paying $800 USD from some prick that has 40 of them (probably bought from the same store that you just missed out on getting a unit from) on eBay.
That would be Andrew. I'm sure he'll sell you one of his.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Dang, that sucks... unless you win the contest on here. In that case, congrats, you get to mock everyone that you got a console when even less people have them than over here.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Winning a 360 would be awesome, but the chances of winning it are equal to all who qualify, so I wont be clearing out shelf space for my 360 just yet ^_^.

I pretty much HAVE to have it because of PDz, PD on the 64 an important milestone in my gaming life, everything about it was solid as a rock. The story and levels flowed very well, characters were were very believable for the time (compared to most other games), the future levels and atmosphere was amazing, I really did care about each and every inch of the game, each table, weapon, light, sound byte... all of it. A complete and utter respect and love for everything Rare put into it, a respect which I find I do not have for many modern shooters. Every EA fps in history, for example, I find that each level is just manufactured gloss, much more like a board room collaboration than the creative blood sweat and tears of people that care about what they are making. *shivers*

*tingles*

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
dk_rare said:
characters were were very believable for the time
Yeah, like Elvis and Mr. Blonde, or the black president who sounds like a white guy. The story and characters were garbage. PD was great for its gameplay and deep multiplayer. Almost everything else was a joke compared to Goldeneye.

ltk9492

Registered Member
lol, why are there two of these thread?
as i said, sucks to be an aussie, except for that kick-ass accent.
" 'ello mate"

dk_rare

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
Yeah, like Elvis and Mr. Blonde, or the black president who sounds like a white guy. The story and characters were garbage. PD was great for its gameplay and deep multiplayer. Almost everything else was a joke compared to Goldeneye.
The people in the story were sort of strange, yes, but they had better dialogue than “Joanna, find the key to the door” and “All your base are belong to us”. Finding out Dr Carroll was actually an AI construct was also cool. Mr Blond was excusable, as he was actually a Skedar, right? So maybe the Skedars aren’t very convincing as humans. Elvis was too out there, would have been better as a wise but curious alien, instead of someone you expect to pull out a surfboard and yell “Dude!”. But other characters like Carrington were so good that I just wanted to know more about them, he is obviously a Sean Connery fan, Jonathon was just a sweet heart, Cassandra could have done with a bit of back story, but convincing as a power woman that was getting involved in things she couldn’t understand.

The guns were fun, the laptop gun a favourite with many people, as well as the good old mines. The crease you see in Joanna’s gloves, when she fires a rocket, was charming touch. Levels were grand enough to hold my interest; each had a great feel and great music, in my opinion. Not a drop of loading times, cut scenes all in game and relevant, voice acting was very solid, Joanna has a sort of smart style that even I found sexy. Getting extra content in the form of more objectives (and things you otherwise wouldn’t ever see) by putting it on a harder difficulty. Airforce One (which looks a lot like the real AF1, well sort of). A black president that realistically talks like a white man (as really, would a black black man every make president in America?). Co-op and counter op was fun, very fun. Spy cam was pretty cool. One of the few console shooters that lets you edit your character, edit the guns the level, decent game modes AND custom bots (screw that, it HAD bots. Tell that to any other console shooter).

I could rattle on about why I like PD for hours, but I think you get the idea : )

ltk9492

Registered Member
no non no, i didn't understand, keep going..:rolleyes: