• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 No Xbox 360 for Australians, EVER!

dk_rare

Registered Member
Well, for Australians that die on March the 1st, 2006 anyway. That's right, Australians will have to wait until the 2nd of March NEXT YEAR for the right to buy an Xbox 360. The 360 will launch in Australia for $500 (roughly $368 USD) for a "Core" system and $650 (roughly $479 USD) for a Premium system that will come with a hard drive. Aussies can also pick up the hard drive separately for $170 (roughly $125 USD), which defies belief as a core system and a hard drive will cost more than the premium system : S Go figure

Just in case you have forgotten what you are paying in America for the 360, it looks to be about $300 USD for the core and $400 USD for the premium. Unless you forgot to get your spoilt children one already, in which case you may be paying $800 USD from some prick that has 40 of them (probably bought from the same store that you just missed out on getting a unit from) on eBay.

Around 30 games will be out for the launch.

Now this really sucks. Not only do Australians have to wait LONGER for an Xbox 360, they also have to pay MORE for it too. Now PAL regions have always had to accept this fact, delays and excess costs, but it still sickens me till this day. Now I may just buy an Xbox while I'm in America just to save money (well, if buying one before Xmas was actually possible, that is. DAMNIT!).

Shafted again, Aussies.

ltk9492

Registered Member
Rayzn said:
That sucks really bad. Atleast I don't live there.
You know what i would do? Just go on vacation. Lol, be the first in Australia to get one by coming to USA and buy now, about four(or three?) months from the Aussie launch. YAy easy answer. Or, use Ebay.lol, and pay $1,000 for a core. That is insane. How addicted are people that they would do that?

Rayzn

Registered Member
Rich snobs who can't wait a few weeks. But atleast you will have better launch titles then us. ;) And not some many problems as far as the console goes.

ltk9492

Registered Member
good points rayxn, they WILL have more launch titles. Never thought of that

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
ltk9492 said:
You know what i would do? Just go on vacation. Lol, be the first in Australia to get one by coming to USA and buy now, about four(or three?) months from the Aussie launch. YAy easy answer. Or, use Ebay.lol, and pay $1,000 for a core. That is insane. How addicted are people that they would do that?
I think you'd have to go on vacation every time you wanted to buy a new game.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
By launching the system later, of course there will be more launch titles. :) Heck, why not wait to buy the system for a year or so. With that argument there would be more games out too.

I'd still rather have an earlier launch and less games. :D

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You can always import one, too. It's not hard to mod it to play your domestic games when the Aussie 360 is released. I'd worry about the new technologies to find this, though.

zero

Registered Member
its the same with new zealand, we dont get it till march, and will be about 20$ more then the aussie price rang i think,

one prob with modding an Import Scubasteve, thats we have a Higher power rate of 240, when you guys only have 150 i think its 150. or maybe 120, so if we where to plug it in, it would work for sum time. then blow a puff of smoke. IE why they are going to be taking so long to get here as they have to almost rebuild the system for us.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Andrew said:
I'd still rather have an earlier launch and less games. :D
Me too : ) Nothing compares to the screech of foam coming out of the new cardboard box, the smell of it, unwrapping the console, playing a virgin game, just an amazing feeling. You only get that chance once, and that is only within the first few months of launch. That is, BEFORE everyone else has one ^,^