NO TOLERANCE RULE ! Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by DaKidAce, Nov 3, 2006.

?

NO TOLERANCE RULE

1. Good - stops players from direspepting the refs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bad- they eject players to easily

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DaKidAce

DaKidAce Guest

Do you feel that the new rule of ejectin players for talking back and yelling at match officials is good for the game or bad.

I feel they cant eject everytime someone acts up
    but you should eject if they keep on acting up

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't watch a lot of basketball, so I don't know how bad something like this has been or can get, but it seems a bit harsh to boot a guy for arguing. However, if some guy is going to shout his face off because he thinks the call was wrong, then yeah, get him a box of tissues and towel because he's gone. It's one thing to respond with something like, "Aww, come on ref!" rather than shouting or crazy hand gestures and whatnot.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think they give them a technical foul to early for example a game that featured the Pistons, Wallace went up to block a shot, and the Ref called a fouled on him and he put is hands up and ask why was that foul. It was just a quick reaction, which didn't deserve a technical. I liked what Kenny Smith said, he said that it's the same thing when a player will go up for a dunk and the fans will have a reaction, well it's the same thing when a player thinks he did a clean play but gets a foul called on him, obviously he'll have a reaction, which doesn't mean that he's showing up the ref.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I think it's fair only if it's reoccuring. I'm not really familiar with this rule, but if it's any fair, then it'll eject players after multiple warnings, technicals, etc.

oh shoot. picked yes. I meant no

5. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

basketball is a game of emotion (for those who actually play it) its stupid trying to punish every single player who shows it, man nba wants a league full of duncans or what, how boring.

6. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Players are getting tossed for just looking at the refs wrong its said because I think it will only get worst, David Stern is convinced that this is best for the NBA, even though I doubt that but hopefully he's right.

7. Babe_Ruth

It was said also that players would get warnings before getting a technical foul, except if he did really deserve one, well on the recent incident by Carmelo or Rasheed they never got any warnings thats for sure. If it continues like this, it can change the momentum of games.

8. TDG1987

TDG1987 Registered Member

Well even Duncan has gotten T'd up from time to time. But yeah, the way the refs are interpreting this rule is horrible.

9. McLaren

McLaren Guest

its bad for the game....players cant show emotions on the court; they're supposed to take everything like robots....david stern is killing the NBA slowly day by day

10. Babe_Ruth

I wouldn't say he's killing the NBA because he's done so much for it during is run as commisionner. He likes the rule but there obviously going to work the kinks that have been happenning. Hopefully it will be enforced because some people do go too far but not as bad as it it right now.