No such thing as failure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragon, May 12, 2005.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I am not a failure and I am going to prove it. That's what I'm hoping at least. Supposedly, I don't have the skills to work at the family business. My family runs a nail shop and they don't think I have what it takes to be a nail technician. I just want to prove to them that I have what it takes. I will be saving up for classes and hopefully get a nail tech license. I hope to rub it in their face when I get it. After that, I can get on with my life.

(Oops, this was suppose to be in the breakroom thread. I'm sorry)

Last edited: May 12, 2005

2. Dragon

I wish I was a girl because my mom always wanted a daughter.

3. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

ahahahahah well I will tell you what...I don't let girls touch my nails...I am serious...Only the men..they do a better job...its like they pay attention to detail...When I go in I will wait if I have to to get the guy....I am tired of paying the money and a nail pops off two days later or it lifts....

Good Luck....maybe you could do my nails someday...

~Trina~

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Well Dragon, if you put your mind to it, you can do anything... Who cares if your faminly thinks you can;t, go out and prove them wrong. That type of motivation usually gets good results (well, unless your Evil Kenieval's son or something lol)

Good luck

5. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

Dragon...

The best paypack is to be their competition LOL.

Around here (MO) you can get a nail tech license in 3 months. I did the math, and a good/busy nail tech can make around $60k a year! Pretty good for a $2500 degree!

Lana

6. Dragon

Yes that would be a good pay back. Open a shop across the street from them. lol. I am going to work hard at and try to earn that license. I just want to thank you all too. Discounts for all Auction Sighting members if I get my license!

7. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

Dragon...

where ya located?

I've had 2 manicures my whole life, ONE fake nail. Drove me nuts and I picked it off LOL. When I try, I can get kicker long nails on my own. Ppl ask me "how do you get your nails so white??!!"

My answer?
    "I wash them". heh.

8. Dragon

I am from Cleveland Ohio. I was thinking about contacting the Discovery Channel or ABC because they both have shows that covers family owned business. Example: American Chopper and Las Vegas Garden of Love. Maybe that will get my family to let me work for them unless they want to fire me on t.v just to embarass me. lol

9. lostmymindwith5

lostmymindwith5 Registered Member

I always get my nails done by a guy named Brian. He does an awesome job and he's the only one who speaks English in the shop!

Go for it, Dragon!

10. Dragon

I get to work at the shop today. Will be going there shortly. I will be doing what Mikey at American Choppers does. Answer phone calls, help customers when they walk in those doors and do some cleaning. If I want to work at the shop, I have to start somewhere right? I managed to talk things over with them and settled it in a peaceful manner and they said they will help me get a license. That's what family is all about. Now I have to save up for classes. I just acquired a domain name (goldenpalacefanatic.com) and not sure if I should put it on ebay. If I do, it should help me pay for classes.