No sound in FireFox

I have a sound scheme on my computer but FireFox doesn't recognize it and I am wondering why and do I need an add-on for sound :confused:

The menu pop and (restore down which is underscore box on top right of screen) and they work every where else but Firefox :confused:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hmm. I have all those sounds turned off so I'm not sure if it's working for me or not.

So only the maximize/minimize sounds aren't working? How about flash sounds and sounds in web pages?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I don't think that those sounds are supposed to play in firefox but if they are then go to tools then options. make sure that your character coding is on unicode under view then character encoding firefox had some problems for me until I turned it to that, it might fix the problem.

So only the maximize/minimize sounds aren't working? How about flash sounds and sounds in web pages?
Just menu pop and minimize/restore down sounds don't work everything else is fine.

go to tools then options. make sure that your character coding is on unicode under view then character encoding firefox had some problems for me until I turned it to that, it might fix the problem.
Umm I went to tools then options but I couldn't find view ??

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
view is at the top of the screen between edit and history it is visible without pulling anything down, sorry if I worded that wrong before. to be very clear view is not under tools it's not actually under anything at all.

Last edited:
I tried the unicode thing and still no menu pop or restore down/minimize sound however I did find a add on that enables the internet start and stop sounds which makes me think that there might be an add on for other sounds.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I actually don't use sound when using firefox so I don't even know if mine is working or not, I did have to fix my sound once though in firefox I can't remember what else I changed, if I remember I'll post it.