No Sound from Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Ratz, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Ratz

Ratz New Member

am getting sound from windows media player...but if i go 2 internet explorer i dnt get nothing at all...

yes the volume is up
    yes ive checked internet settings
    yes my firewalls are all off

i dunna wat else it cud be!!! plz help thanks!!!

2. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

if you run vista check the mixer

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I remember back when I used internet explorer there was a setting somewhere in the program that let you adjust the volume it might even be under sounds and devices in Control Panel, I can't remember exactly.

I use windows XP.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Also, get rid of Internet Explorer and get Firefox already. It's so much better in so many ways it's not even a real choice.

5. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

So what you are saying is when you go to I.E your WMP has no sound ??

I listen to internet radio and hockey games and some stations play sound at an extremely low volume and I have to turn up the volume quite high to hear the audio and at times my player is working but I get no sound but that is rare though.

Maybe update your WMP and (go with FireFox instead of I.E which I did 2 years ago).

6. Ratz

Ratz New Member

okay...im on windows xp

test all sound from youtube n dailymotion

ive jus downloaded firefox...im gettin the smallest hint of sound but its totally not enuff... ive looked at volume controls n evrything looks perfect...and the volume is up on both webpages still nothing!!! this totally baffels me because i can get windows media player playing totally fine!!!

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Wow I can't believe that i didn't think of this myself, yeah!

Firefox is definitely the way to go, I have actually noticed the few times that I have used internet explorer since getting firefox a few years ago a couple of things.

1. Things even as simple as text are worse quality than in firefox
    2. Firefox is way faster (I mean way faster)
    3. No pop-ups whatsoever (there is a built in blocker.
    4. Built in Google, Yahoo, Ebay, Answers, and Amazon' toolbars all in one.
    5. Way less viruses
    6. The computer actually runs faster alltogether even when you aren't on the internet due to things that IE installs automatically without telling you.

8. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I am familiar with youtube but not dailymotion, Am I missing something, how can you tell or see if the volume is up on a website ???