I remember back when I used internet explorer there was a setting somewhere in the program that let you adjust the volume it might even be under sounds and devices in Control Panel, I can't remember exactly.
So what you are saying is when you go to I.E your WMP has no sound ??
I listen to internet radio and hockey games and some stations play sound at an extremely low volume and I have to turn up the volume quite high to hear the audio and at times my player is working but I get no sound but that is rare though.
Maybe update your WMP and (go with FireFox instead of I.E which I did 2 years ago).
ive jus downloaded firefox...im gettin the smallest hint of sound but its totally not enuff... ive looked at volume controls n evrything looks perfect...and the volume is up on both webpages still nothing!!! this totally baffels me because i can get windows media player playing totally fine!!!
Wow I can't believe that i didn't think of this myself, yeah!
Firefox is definitely the way to go, I have actually noticed the few times that I have used internet explorer since getting firefox a few years ago a couple of things.
1. Things even as simple as text are worse quality than in firefox
2. Firefox is way faster (I mean way faster)
3. No pop-ups whatsoever (there is a built in blocker.
4. Built in Google, Yahoo, Ebay, Answers, and Amazon' toolbars all in one.
5. Way less viruses
6. The computer actually runs faster alltogether even when you aren't on the internet due to things that IE installs automatically without telling you.