• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

No Reporters for Romney Israeli Fundraiser.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
TEL AVIV, Israel -- U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney plans to raise campaign money in private while in Israel, so what he tells wealthy American supporters abroad will be kept quiet from voters at home.

Mitt Romney Closes Israeli Fundraiser To Reporters
Only the wealthiest of people will get to hear what his plans are and in a foreign country at that. Is he afraid of a repeat of what went on in England? The British are so smart. Whats this all about?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Citing the huffingandpuffington post? :lol:

OMG Romney is holding a fundraiser without reporters? SOUND THE ALARM!

Is that a story? How about 0bama dissing our ally at every opportunity? That's not a story.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Citing the huffingandpuffington post? :lol:
For someone whose first line of defense tends to be to insult the source, you post a lot of hilariously slanted sources yourself. Let's not kid ourselves here. Also, this was written by the Associated Press, not HuffPo. Here's the same story carried by a Fox News affiliate:

Romney closing Israeli fundraiser to reporters - FOX 10 News - Phoenix, AZ | KSAZ-TV

OMG Romney is holding a fundraiser without reporters? SOUND THE ALARM!
I had the same reaction but then I realized that if this was Obama, all we'd be hearing about from the right is how Obama is probably just having secret meetings with bad guys. Romney made a huge ass out of himself in Britain and did not do a very good job setting any kind of standard when it comes to foreign diplomacy.

Is that a story? How about 0bama dissing our ally at every opportunity? That's not a story.
Links please?

It is a strange idea, that Romney is keeping this hush hush but I guess since his little vacation away from America has been so bad so far, he doesn't want to risk anymore? Who knows. At the moment, no, it's not really news but you'd have to be numb if it didn't stir your curiosity.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
For the most part what is barred is the question and answer session, not what is said. I agree this may not be big news but it does peak my interest as to why.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Quit frankly I think it is important what a presidential candidate is doing and saying. I would like to know what his plan for us is or is it a big secret that we may not like. I think the average American is as important as his rich friends although I have my doubts he sees it that way.