No more Newtype Magazine D:

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Malificus, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

O: NOEZ. I like Newtype. I buy it whenever I can!!!!

This is a sad, sad, day for me.

3. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

They'll have a new magazine with the same people, but I dunno what's changing between the two other than name.

4. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Here's some more news on this.

"A.D. Vision's Newtype USA magazine has been sending the following email message to subscribers who inquire about the status of their subscriptions, in the aftermath of the magazine's reported ending:"
    "Thank you for your email to Newtype USA!"​

"We will be launching a new magazine that will be on sale in mid-March. Titled PiQ, the magazine will cover anime, manga, video games and other aspects of [FONT=DejaVu Sans, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][FONT=DejaVu Sans, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]culture[/FONT][/FONT] of keen interests to you. All existing subscribers will have their remaining issues fulfilled at a two-to-one ratio, meaning you will get double the number of magazines delivered straight to your doorstep! We hope you stick with us and give the new magazine a shot. We're sure you'll love it! If you're not interested in receiving double the value for your remaining subscription, you can opt out at anytime."

"Newtype USA Editor-in-Chief Gary Steinman has confirmed the contents of the email message, but has declined to comment further."

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  5. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Basically the Newtype is just changing names from what it sounds like... But it will be covering the same topics with a new name but the same staff?

At least that is the impression I am getting.

6. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Maybe if it wasn't 10 fucking dollars...

I have better things to spend my money on. Yeah it's a great magazine. But $10!

7. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I know what you mean Sephy. I can see why it's 10 dollars with how big it is and it usually comes with a DVD with eps of anime. But still, 10 dollars is a little much imo.

8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Newtype is the reason I have half the anime I do. it was worth it O:<