• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

No more Monopoly Money...

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Thats right... apparently the days of knowing basic Money Math are History! With the new 75th Anniversary edition. No longer can sneaky bankers get away with snagging a bill or two out of the bank, because its all Credit from here on out;

oh yeah and they tossed the old Square board... now its Round :eyebrow:

Hasbro has unveiled the design of the new 75th anniversary edition of their classic board game, Monopoly, set to hit stores in fall of 2010. "Monopoly: Revolution Edition" is slick and round instead of dull and square, with debit cards and an ATM instead of paper money and a banker, clear plastic representations of the classic tokens (bye-bye, little boot!), and clips of popular songs (like Rihanna’s "Umbrella," Daniel Powter’s "Bad Day," and Beyonce's "Crazy in Love") that play after certain actions.

monopoly-gets-a-makeover-but-will-die-hard-fans-buy-it: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Pics From: Monopoly celebrates 75 years with a modern makeover and contemporary property prices to match | Mail Online

Impact

V.I.P.
They've had an electronic version out for ages. It sucks because it's takes fucking forever to type in the transaction and the computer to figure it out, oh and then you have to remember to swap your card into the correct side for paying and receiving. So much quicker to do it in your head. The circular board it new though.

EDIT: I missed that it will play song clips. What the fuck is the point in that?

Last edited:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I bet the paper money games will increase in value. It's good to know I have a few originals. That credit card crap is annoying in Monopoly.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Dull and square? What the eff was dull about it?

Also, song clips? Oh dear jesus, I hope you can turn that off. Otherwise I'd either end up breaking the damn thing or finding a way to hack into it to change the tunes.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Oh really? I wasnt aware they already had Credit kinds, that article I read was a bit misleading. I mean I was aware Hasbro has about 20 different movie adaptions for every stupid flick that comes out... but I honestly cant say I'd heard of the Electronic ones before

:hah: hell I'm still living in the old school Battleship age, I know they've got an electronic one but I feel so cool shouting out "B! FIVE!"

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I feel like I might be more inclined to play this one, but I'm pretty sure I'd still get pissed off 2 hours into it and give up. At least it is more aesthetically pleasing. I like the idea of the debit cards though. I'll stick to playing life.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, The girl in the background of the first picture reminds me of Boy George.

Last edited:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Oh, question! Does this enforce the auction rule after every turn no-one buys a property? If so, that's a redeeming point.

Wade8813

Registered Member
:hah: hell I'm still living in the old school Battleship age, I know they've got an electronic one but I feel so cool shouting out "B! FIVE!"
"2B?"
"Not 2B" :lol:

Haven't played that game in so long...

Oh, question! Does this enforce the auction rule after every turn no-one buys a property? If so, that's a redeeming point.
I agree. But even more importantly, does it stop you from getting hundreds of dollars for landing on Free Parking? Srsly, worst house rule evar.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
That is kind of ridiculous. It's just a money-making scheme. I'm happy with my version from the 80's that I never play. Playing songs is fucking obnoxious.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
This also reminds me, I want to try Anti-Monopoly...