No More Illegal Activity For Mininova

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Altanzitarron, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Nope. Not one bit.

See, there is one method of illegal downloading that has stood the test of time, and is pretty much safe. It is the Usenet network.

Yes, that little piece of outdated technology. Meant for things like newsgroups, some clever bugger figured out a way of sending files out through the service. It very quickly turned into a way of getting hold of pirated files.

Now, as all the files you receive are from a server rather than a group of peers and seeds, and as the service doesn't use a tracker to figure out who has what pieces you need, the only way you're going to get caught is if the file you are downloading (or the server you are downloading from) is some sort of honeypot. So, until the authorities figure out a way of tackling this, illegal downloading will never really cease.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

there won't be an end for illegal downloads.
    i've downloaded illegally through YT - i've found every album on there and i've converted them to MP3 and i still keep on doing it.
    i hardly ever use torrents though. YT is easier and i call it an illegal download nevertheless lol.

4. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

Well part of being illegal is the fact the it will always exist. Pot is illegal and many farms have been shut down but I could still get some. Why are torrents any different. You just need to know where to look.