No more executions for child rape

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm against death penalty. Anyway, after reading this:

The court's 5-4 decision Wednesday derailed the efforts of nearly a dozen states supporting the right to kill those convicted of raping a child — and said execution was confined to attacks that take a life and to other crimes including treason and espionage.
Death penalty for murder, treason and espionage but not child rape? I think the criminal in the latter situation has the smallest chance for rehabilitation and yet this is the one that goes to prison while the rest gets death...meh.

Espionage and treason?! Wow, I never knew you could get the death penalty for that. And they won't allow it for child rape? What the hell are they doing there in Washington. :\

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I dunno. Maybe treason and espionage are on a larger scale that can potentially harm the security of the nation, while child rape is....just one child? :-/

then again I don't know what exactly qualifies as treason/espionage, and this comp is too slow for me to open another window.

Cheomesh

Registered Member
I had a friend who had to deal with a sexual encounter that was little more than rape (coercion). As a supporter of the death penalty, I would not be opposed to having rapists hung, though we don't use that method anymore.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Well I support the death penalty but ya you should only get the death penalty for taking a life if you ask me. Also if you think about it, child rapists are the lowest on the totem pole in prison so I have read and they will get their just rewards in there.

This should be in serious discussion.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who touches a child and takes away their innocence should forfeit their right to live.
Do we really need these kind of monsters breathing the same air we breathe and doing nothing more than taking up space in prison?
If someones most memorable acheivement in life is 'that time they raped/molested a child' then I have no problem with them getting the death penalty.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I am against the death penalty and I dont think human society has the right to judge (in courts) whether a life is worthy to be extinguished or not.

Perhaps in extreme cases, but child rape? No.

I am against the death penalty and I dont think human society has the right to judge (in courts) whether a life is worthy to be extinguished or not.

Perhaps in extreme cases, but child rape? No.
You don't consider child rape "extreme"? What would you call it? An unfortunate incident?

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
You don't consider child rape "extreme"? What would you call it? An unfortunate incident?
Not extreme enough for the death penalty IMO. I am not trying to be anti-empathetic. Nor am I saying it is forgivable. But I dont think it warrants a death penalty.

Serial killers would be higher on the list. But I do not like the death penalty much at all.

It is too barbaric for any human institution. Not to say humans that do these crimes are not barbaric but I think the coercive institution that is run by civil human beings should be "above" such methods.