• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies No more "24"

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure they will pay up. They can't afford to drop this show yet. Last I heard it was one of their most popular suspense dramas they have right now.

A lot of shows are being held up by this writers strike though. I saw something similar about Family Guy writers on hold as well.

According to MSN:

Return of Fox's '24' Postponed by Strike - MSN TV News

"24" is absent from the network's revised, strike-affected schedule for midseason. In its announcement, Fox explained the "Day 7" season for the series would be indefinitely postponed to ensure an uninterrupted run.
It's not canceled by any means. They just want to make sure they can have an "uninterrupted run", which means they will need to be sure the writers are behind the entire season before starting it.

n65max

Registered Member
Just when I start to give season 7 a chance (that trailer is amazing) this happens. Oh well, I guess I'll just rewatch the good seasons instead

Gwiz

Registered Member
Just give the writers what they want. Especially for the writers for Jay Leno and David Letterman. 24 is a great series and I'm sick of watching reruns.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
The problem is this is a union strike, so they have to give all the writers increased pay or none of them will go back to work. I hope the strike issues are resolved, but none of the shows are going to continue until all the writers are happy enough with whatever settlement is reached.

Well, maybe some of these networks will finally start show reruns again.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't believe the strike is still going on. They need to pay up already. This has been way too long. I bet they are losing more money in dropped ratings than the increase in pay would have cost them...

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Yes I hate watching reruns of the Colbert Report...I am surprised that they haven't paid the writers yet but apparently many of the stations already have the holidays planned to just show a bunch of Christmas specials. This strike could easily go into late Jan or Feb.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Well, the writer's strike isn't the only problem--Sutherland is in jail for another month because of his DUI.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, the writer's strike isn't the only problem--Sutherland is in jail for another month because of his DUI.
I love how he can't cheat the system in real life. That's how it should be for all celebrities. :)