No Hitter

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Hoosier_Daddy, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Anibal Sanchez throws first no hitter of his career.

Sanchez

Hoosier.

2. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Well this is truly a great time for him, no-hitters are pretty rare. He has been doing pretty good for the marlins this year, and the fact that he's only 22 could mean there are bright things coming for him in the future.

3. Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim Guest

Also, whoever traded him (cant remember the exact team, BoSoxs?) were stupid...his old manager in AAA said he wouldnt amount to much...

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Well he's got to prove his consistency. I can think of a lot of great young pitchers that couldn't grind out good seasons year after year.

But hey, a no-hitter isn't a small feat.

5. Dr. Fresh

Dr. Fresh Mmmm.... Lesbians.

Yeah it was the Red Sox. However, you can never tell how good a player's going to be until they prove something and show you what they've got. Some players mature slower/faster than others. It's just all too difficult to tell how a player's going to be. There are exceptions, but oh well.

He pitched a fabulous game. Congratulations to him and the Marlins on an exceptional game. First time a no-no's been thrown since Randy Johnson did it about 2 years ago!

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think he's going to have a very good career if he stays healthy, he got a no hitter in is 13 career start which is amazing. He was very lucky with the last out because Byrnes almost beat out that ground ball to Ramirez. The first pitcher to throw a no hitter since A.J Burnett in Marlins history.

7. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

The manager that made that statement was from the Carolina Mudcats, the AA affiliate of the Marlins. He never played in AAA.

Hoosier.