• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NO GMO and Foreign Meat Labeling Insanity.

Rapier

V.I.P.
How can this not be a major concern in the Mainstream media?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
MSM is a smoke screen for EVERYTHING.
GMO's, Oil Drilling in the Orphan basin, Global Warming, CCD, you name it. All the stuff that we should be, as a society, concerned about, but for the most part aren't because the latest fluff is just more interesting.

- Cham

Rapier

V.I.P.
MSM is a smoke screen for EVERYTHING.
GMO's, Oil Drilling in the Orphan basin, Global Warming, CCD, you name it. All the stuff that we should be, as a society, concerned about, but for the most part aren't because the latest fluff is just more interesting.

- Cham
charge-coupled device?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Because Canada and Mexico were obeying those regulations but the US wasn't for outgoing product. Why should we be the only countries required to actually obey the law? Perhaps it's American meat that should be boycotted.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Maybe we should all just stick to our own meat or we all put the country of origin on it. I think we have a right to know where our food is from, including Canadians and Mexicans.

Maybe we should put country of origin on it if it was raised here. Then if it doesn't say where it is from assume its not from the US.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Maybe we should put country of origin on it if it was raised here. Then if it doesn't say where it is from assume its not from the US.
Unbelievable. You know damn well that Canada especially exports a lot of beef. As soon as a double standard for labeling can no longer be applied the solution on the tip of your tongues is to cease trade altogether. Wouldn't hurt the US too much so what the heck? I can't even threaten to boycott US meat because it's not labeled as such. Why do you think the US wanted other countries to label their products with country of origin and never complied themselves? If you think those laws were ever there for the purpose of informing the public then you don't know American politics.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Unbelievable. You know damn well that Canada especially exports a lot of beef. As soon as a double standard for labeling can no longer be applied the solution on the tip of your tongues is to cease trade altogether. Wouldn't hurt the US too much so what the heck? I can't even threaten to boycott US meat because it's not labeled as such. Why do you think the US wanted other countries to label their products with country of origin and never complied themselves? If you think those laws were ever there for the purpose of informing the public then you don't know American politics.

- Cham
No country should be prevented from labeling country of origin on food. Wouldn't you like to know where your food comes from? Where many of us wouldn't mind buying food from some countries others we might. I have no problem eating Canadian beef but some other countries lets face it their standards aren't that great.

Right now I'm thinking about fish raised in such polluted waters with antibiotics thrown at them to keep them alive which goes on in some Asian countries.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Or fish caught in say the Gulf of Mexico? :D

Yes, I'd like to know exactly where my food comes from and what's in it, but such labeling is just used for political leverage by the American gov't, so imported products are vulnerable to boycotts and protectionism but American exports aren't. Since the yanks can't play by the rules, nobody wants to play at all, and now we're back to square one.

- Cham