NL Triple Crown watch..

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It has been 43 years since Boston's Carl Yastrzemski won a Triple Crown.

Votto and Pujols are battling it out right now, Votto as the best chance of winning it at this point. He has a few players standing in his way like Dunn for home runs and Gonzalez for batting average, but he's not to far from them.

Two things I love about this race, Votto is Canadian and he's becoming one of the better players in the Major Leagues. The other is the two guys that have the biggest chance of winning the Triple Crown play in the same division and division and are battling for first spot in the NL Central.

Thoughts, do you believe either of these two stand a chance to win it? If so, which player?

2. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

usually i'd just say pujols but the cardinals are playing so god damn bad right now that i dont see it happening.

votto has a better shot right now since his team is playing so well

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Votto has the lead in two of the three categories right now. All he needs is a few extra HRs and he'll be first in all three.

I think Votto will do it if the Cards keep sucking it up.

4. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

There's a new name being tossed about - not to win, but as a spoiler. Omar Infante, of the Braves, is batting .340. He's not on leaderboards because he doesn't have enough PA yet, but with Chipper out for the season, and batting leadoff, he should get it no problem.