NL MVP (Mid-Season Edition)

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Millz, Jul 10, 2010.

?

Who ya got?

Poll closed Jul 20, 2010.
  1. Joey Votto, Reds

100.0%
  2. David Wright, Mets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Albert Pujols, Cardinals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Carlos Gonzalez, Rockies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ryan Howard, Phillies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Hanley Ramirez, Marlins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Martin Prado, Braves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Adam Dunn, Nationals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other (Please specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Joey Votto; .315, 22 HR 60 RBI, 59 Rs, 1.014 Ops

David Wright; .317, 14 HR 65 RBI, 52 Rs, 0.931 Ops, 15 SB

Albert Pujols; .305, 21 HR 64 RBI, 53 Rs, 0.982 Ops

Carlos Gonzalez; .312, 16 HR 57 RBI, 54 Rs, 0.870 Ops, 12 SB

Ryan Howard; .299, 17 HR 65 RBI, 55 Rs, 0.870 Ops

Hanley Ramirez; .292, 13 HR 53 RBI, 49 Rs, 0.856 Ops, 16 SB

Martin Prado; .332, 10 HR 39 RBI, 61 Rs, 0.863 Ops, 121 Hs

Adam Dunn; .285, 22 HR 58 RBI, 51 Rs, 0.963 Ops

Who you got at this point in the season?

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

You should list everyone's positions (so I don't have to look them up ;)).

I'm leaning towards Votto, but Hanley's positional adjustment makes me a bit hesitant.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

The thing that I think hurts Prado is defiantly the 10 HRs. I believe when voting for the MVP's, they look more at batting average and HRs, so I think in the end, he's out of luck there.

Pujohs, Votto and Dunn's stats are almost all identical. I'd say it'll be one of them, depending on where their teams finish, or if the other two have a down second half of the season.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

At this point in time I won't be a homer and pick Pujols.

I really think the choice as it stands right now is Joey Votto. The fact they picked Ryan Howard over him in the all-star game is really pathetic. Votto is the heart and soul of the Reds.

To what Bob said...yeah, if the Cardinals make the playoffs over the Reds then its probably Albert. But if the Reds overtake the Cards then it'll be hard to overlook Votto.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

For me it's between David Wright and Joey Votto. Wright is leading his team to a good record just like Votto is doing for the Reds. The thing about David Wright though is that he plays a much more demanding position then Votto. But I wouldn't be oppose of either of them winning. Wright just needs to get that home run total a little higher.

6. Wade8813

Adam Dunn has like .30 less BA and .50 less OB than Votto - that's kind of a big deal.

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

To you it may be, to me it's not. Votto is just having a ridiculous year. Go back and read my post, I never made a pick. I said it's between those 3 because of "identical" stats.

8. Wade8813

I know; I read your post. You're right, Votto is having a ridiculous year. Dunn's year is noticeably worse than Votto's so far.

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

But you're acting like Dunn is having a bad year. He's not. He's having a great year.

10. Wade8813

That's not what I'm saying at all, and I apologize if I miscommunicated. I'm saying Dunn's having a great year, but he's noticeably worse than Votto.

It would be like if I were comparing Frank Robinson to Babe Ruth. Robinson was truly a legendary hitter. But Ruth was clearly better.

(Okay, that analogy was a little off, because Ruth was enormously better, whereas Votto is just better. But you get the idea)