NL Central

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's a very tight race. The Cubs are currently leading the NL Central, but the Brewers and the Cardinals are on there tails. I was wondering who you guys think will finish on top and why?

Personally I believe the Cubs will take it. There starting pitching have been good lately especially Ted Lilly. They have a better line up then the then the Brewers, the Brewers might have more power hitters then the Cubs, but the Cubs have better overall hitters. Both bullpens are pretty close, but I would give the edge to the Brewers on that one because they have a better closer. But if Kerry Wood can become dominate has a relief pitcher, then that would just make the Cubs better. The Cardinals can get really hot really quickly but they don't have the starting rotation to compete with the Cubs and the Brewers.

2. Big_Mac

Big_Mac Guest

hey, whomever gets hot gets the title. i would say the cardinals are the weakest team in the race but they got a veteran team, despite a weak rotation. but any team with a 2-12 starter still pitching for them is discounted from the race.

that leaves the cubs and brewers and i'm going to say the cubs based on what i said about st. louis, the brewers are young. and the problem with milwaukee to is the rotation. name me a guy on the brewers staff after ben sheets that you'd want to start in a big game? same with st. louis, name ANYONE on their staff that you'd want starting in a elimanation game. the cards #2 guy is braden looper for god sakes.

now chicago, they have zambrano and lilly, right now two of the best in the nl at this moment. now marquis is a little iffy as a three guy but he has some playoff experience and i'd take him over st. louis or milwaukee's #3 guys. plus, they got the mojo going.

i'm going with chicago and they will end up winning by 4 games.

3. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

I'm obviously biased in this discussion. I think with the emergance of Theriot, Fontenot, and DeRosa, the Cubbies have their best chance since the Bartman incident to not only win the division, but win the pennant as well.

Hoosier.

4. Big_Mac

Big_Mac Guest

the pennant is not out of the question for chicago, that's for sure.

i think out of the three teams, chicago is the only team to potentially do damage once they get in the playoffs.

5. natnsoxfan

natnsoxfan Guest

I'd take the Brewers. I think Braun is going to put that team on his back and carry them to the playoffs, whether or not they advance will have to be seen.

6. zagi

zagi Guest

I'll go with the Brewers, then the Cubs and the third place for the Cards.But, the race among the Brewers and the Cubs will be a very, very tough.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree they do have the chance to take the pennant. They have a lot of good hitters on that team, and if they do make the playoffs, you have players like Ramirez, Lee and Soriano leading your offense, and you have Lilly and Zambrano leading your pitchers. They can do some damage.