• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NJ Train Crashed Into Hoboken Station

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
There's 1 fatality and at least 100 injured. A lot of the injuries are serious. The structural integrity of the station is also compromised. At this point, terror is off the table. They believe it was either a accident or operator error.
At Least 1 Dead, Up to 100 Hurt in Hoboken Train Crash

Epic disaster.
Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its a wonder more weren't killed.

Besides operator error couldn't it be faulty equipment. Something wasn't done right during maintenance.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Good point. It could be both.
I know that when a twin engine plane loses an engine, the pilot can still control banking by adjusting the strats and flaps to control camber along each airfoil and increase/decrease lift to each side of the plane. He can also adjust the rudder on the fin to control the yaw, caused by the uneven thrust, and prevent any serious roll. Even when the pins snapped from metal fatigue, a pilot was still able to level the horizon on a Concorde aircraft for 8 minutes.

I don't know how trains work but yeah, there should be tech manuals about what to do when something mechanical fails.

It could be a week or weeks before the investigative team permits the area to be cleared - unless the mayor orders it to be cleaned up - and even longer before they determine what happened. The train's pilot could still be liable for damages if he failed to follow the official procedures. We won't know more till later.

Last edited:

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The roof slides. :confused:
That train didn't crash in the mirror. It crashed in a station and those people are totally real.
Those people were helping each other at the disaster and that's what's so totally cool. Not so much what people say that weren't even there when it happened.

What the train's pilot tells NTSB will be very important.
Thomas Gallagher, NJ Transit Engineer: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

If any terror was involved then we'll know. Atm, I'm calling serious mechanical fail. Gallagher drove the trains for 29 years and has a perfect record so now I'm thinking that the accident was beyond his control. The truth will come from him and the 2 event recorders. One is still in the cockpit but they can't get to it yet since the building isn't safe to enter.

What's really important is that they learn why it happened so trains can be safer.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.