Nitro or Raw?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't know if you guys are old enough, or if any of you watched wrestling back when Nitro was dominating the ratings, with the NWO and Goldberg. I was wondering what show you guys preffered.

Personally I preffered WCW back then, just because I love Goldberg so much, and he was just dominating everyone, and every time he stepped into that ring he put on a hell of a show. But Raw was still good at that time as well, with DX running the show, and you had The Rock, and Stone Cold putting on a good show. Both were great but I believe WCW Nitro at the edge.

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

I was young but I can still remember that I didn't really agree with a lot of the moves in WCW compared to the WWE. I think personally that RAW was better. Guys like The Rock , Stone Cold and then you had DX and I remember that The Rock was my favourite superstar at the time. I never truly was a Goldberg fan.

3. Escobar

Escobar Guest

Maybe its just nostalgia talking, but I think RAW back then was WAY better than it is now. Like andrew said, it was awesome with guys like Stone Cold, The Rock and DX before they got childish and corny; er, mean, before I apparently got too old to appreciate their humor.

It was the golden age for WWE, and while I'm sure we can all appreciate WCW, and look back and say it was awesome (which it was, to an extent), in the end, there's probably a reason why one of those two still exists while the other does not.

4. Omega

Omega Ω

WCW was pure shit, I hate to go aganced you on this on MJ but they always endded the shows on cliff hangers. Wrestlers that worked for WCW said it was the most unprofesional time in wrestling history they always got screwed and ripped of on check ands they let people win that should have lost and vis versa. I don't know of one wrestler that said that enjoied working for WCW. In my eyes WCW had some great times but, after hearing about all the heat they had it just makes me hate it. I do love WCW because they brought great names from japan to usa that would never seen the light of day. Chris Benoint, Chris Jerico, and Ray ray.

To answer your question for sure Raw, I use to watch monday nights with my step dad and he loved WCW. Everytime he left the room I would change it to Raw because WCW Nitro was pure crap in comparason

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Oh I know that a lot of wrestlers that were on WCW didn't like the way the company was runned, but I think they had a lot of great story lines when they were beating the Raw show in ratings.

Yes Raw was way better back then, you cannot compete with Stone Cold and The Rock and DX, to what is right now.

6. andrew_bishop

Yeah RAW has been on a bit of a downhill IMO in the past few years with some of the storylines that they used and some of the guys that are still on the roster. Make way for the future people.

7. Omega

Omega Ω

you know what I have noticed that the more life passes by me the crappyer it gets he he XD

I miss the additude era so much and I would give anything just to go back in time and relive it all over again that was when wwe was at its peak if you ask me.

8. andrew_bishop

Yes the attitude era was probably the best time in the WWE recent history. You had amazing talent on the roster and great story writers with amazing fued ideas. It was truly the best time to be a WWE fan. I wish those days were back.

9. Omega

Omega Ω

The thing I hate is when that time period was going on I was forced to watch WCW because my step dad grew up on those wrestlers and wanted to see that. Also it came on an house before Raw did. I still remember on WCW they told you what was going to happen on Raw XD

10. andrew_bishop

Good way to basically get the fans away from the idea of watching RAW. Man those were good times , Raw and WCW both at each other throats because they knew there was no room for error and thats how they lived. They both went at it and didn't hold anything back and look at some of the good things that came from it.