• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

3ds Nitendo 3DS

Fenrir

Registered Member
The Nintendo 3DS will have 3D capabilities. Who's getting one? I'm pretty excited for it. Will the 3D be that good? I just want to know what you think about it.

dDave

V.I.P.
I might get one but I would have to sell my original first (to offest the cost).

This the 5th installment of the DS

Nintendo DS
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS

It may be about time to upgrade. But I'm gonna wait until Zelda and Starfox come out at least.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
We got them in work a few days ago and I've had a little play. While it is undoubtedly impressive it's just too easy to lose the effect. You have to hold it just right and if you move it goes flat or ghosts.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
I might get one but I would have to sell my original first (to offest the cost).

This the 5th installment of the DS

Nintendo DS
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS

It may be about time to upgrade. But I'm gonna wait until Zelda and Starfox come out at least.
Eh... In reality, it's the second. Or perhaps it would be better to say that it is a new console in entirety - which it actually is.

The DS Lite, DSi, and DSi XL were all just rehashes and were completely optional "upgrades" as the DS games would play on all of them. However, the 3DS is the next (or now current, whatever) generation handheld and has a line of games made for it specifically.

I want one really bad... But not for the 3DS games at this moment. The first one I'm interested in is the Ocarina of Time remake which comes out this June. Right now I just want one so I can play Pokemon HeartGold and Pokemon Black, the two games I've really missed out on since my DS's top screen got cracked.

It's just, I knew that if I waited, Nintendo's REAL next handheld would be coming around the corner, and that it would come with what the DSi added, by default. Which is true (if there is anything it lacks, it's miniscule and never mattered anyway).

I personally am not big on the 3D, though. It's yet another gimmick. I don't really see how it could actually add to a game, so we'll have to wait and see on whether Nintendo stepped up the quality of their games or not. If Animal Crossing 3DS sucks just as bad as the one on the Wii did I will be done with that series.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Is it true that this can have negative effects on your eyesight, or is that just a rumour?
I haven't heard anything about eyes, but it has been making people sick.

I'm not going to bother getting one, even though I want to play the new YGO game really bad.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I haven't heard anything about eyes, but it has been making people sick.
From what I've heard, that's a PEBCAK error. The amount of 3D that gets shown can be altered with the slider, so if you put it to a setting that feels comfortable for you, then you should be fine. What most people are doing is whacking it on full and sticking to it, regardless of if it's comfortable or not.

See also the ID 10 T error.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Having played it, I'm safely saying that I'm going to wait for the second PSP before I go with a new handheld. The 3D effect is quite awful and requires a surgical accuracy to achieve it. If you slip even slightly or tilt the system, the effect is gone and you get a few seconds of fumbling and the beginnings of a headache. The game library is nothing impressive yet with some expected recycling Nintendo does with every system but it does have some neat features outside the 3D.

Is it worth $250? Absolutely not.

Could it be worth $150? Probably.

Once again, for me personally, if I'm going to blow that kind of cash, I'm going to wait to see what Sony has to offer since I was oddly fond of the PSP despite it's terrible format choice (UMD drink coasters anyone?) for its technical specs and capabilities. I saw some gameplay of Uncharted on it and I was blown away. Still waiting for an official price but Gamestop had it listed at 299 while other places list it for 250 without 3G and 350 with 3G capabilities.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I wasn't going to get one as I keep intending to replace my PSP I had stolen but I am still annoyed how expensive the PSP (that being said I have just jumped onto Amazon and they are selling the PSP2000 for less than 60 english pounds) continues to be, I am tempted to check how much Gamestation want on payday. As good as the 3DS looks (and it does look good) I am not sure if this is simply a fad. Lets face it, the graphics aren't exactly terrible given how long that console has been doing the rounds.