• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ninth planet may have been discovered

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nicknamed Planet Nine, it "has a mass about 10 times that of Earth and orbits about 20 times farther from the sun" than Neptune. That means "it would take this new planet between 10,000 and 20,000 years to make just one full orbit around the sun," according to Caltech.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/20/us/possible-ninth-planet/index.html

Well this is interesting, could it be Nibiru? They claim it has a bizarre highly elongated orbit. Which has often been claimed about Nibiru. I have always felt Nibiru was fantasy but maybe not.

Thoughts?

http://gizmodo.com/mysterious-planet-x-could-be-the-ninth-planet-in-our-so-1754018188

thealigator

Registered Member
It is amazing to me if it turns out this is a real thing and that it does exist. I wonder why it is that if the planet is within our own solar system we have never seen it before. It also amazes me how they do the maths on this. 10,000 years to make one orbit? That just seems insane, I guess it could explain though why we have never seen it before.

As for it being Nibiru? I do not wish to poo-poo the theory, Nancy Lieder may know more than me and who am I to question her but I find to be highly unlikely but as I say who knows? There are many many things we still do not understand about the universe.

I would love to know more about this planet and what it looks like and if NASA can do so I want to see it.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Brown, who played a role in Pluto's demotion to a dwarf planet, says "all those people who are mad that Pluto is no longer a Planet can be thrilled to know that there is a real planet out there still to be found. Now we can go and find this planet and make the solar system have nine planets once again
The imagry that that statement (from the article) brings to mind is hilariously titilating.

So... if I search online for stuff regarding Pluto and planets, am I going to come up with a store full of brightly colored shirts that say "SAVE PLUTO! HELP KEEP IT A PLANET!" and various petitions to keep it in our solar system?

And probably even more interesting than the article itself is this tidbit at the end of it:

New planet may have been discovered, researchers say - CNN.com
(it's the link at the end of the article)

That means the arcade game "asteroids" is an actual job.

An ACTUAL.............. JOB!!!

That is frippin AWESOME!!!

I wonder if they have epic competitions in their downtime over who gets to tell the president when there's an asteroid threat and they need to destroy it. That would be awesome.

I think if there were a real life Helicopter game where somehow someway for some reason people get paid to essentially fly a helicopter and sequentially avoid walls.......... I'd probably just straight up ejaculate all over the damned place.

Last edited: