Nintendo Nintendo's Strategy: Why did I not see it earlier?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nevyrmoore, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Randomly browsing through the blogs on ScrewAttack, I came across this article that discusses why the Nintendo Wii could end up coming out on top, why the developers making casual games are failing, and the market strategy that Nintendo are focusing on.

Birdmen and the Casual Fallacy

I must say, I can be somewhat excused for not noticing the disruption strategy due to not reading many press releases, but when I think about the Wii's history so far, I can't see how I missed it.

Take a look at what the Wii started off with - Wii Sports, Wii Play, WarioWare, all sorts of games aimed at bringing non-gamers and old gamers into gaming. Now what do we have? Manhunt 2, Sega is bringing out MadWorld and Bayonetta, an independent developer has Conduit in the works.

The Wii's game library may have been a bit lacking for quite some time now, but with this now in mind, I wouldn't count it out of the race yet.

2. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Nintendo is wise to appeal to the casual gamers. There are a heck of a lot of them, and that will bring Nintendo a lot money.

The "hardcore" gamers may be a bit mad after this E3, but they don't realize that there are quite a few games being made right now that will be more targeted to them.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Nintendo has always been brilliant in their strategy (we've forgiven them for Virtual Boy by now I hope) so it's not a real surprise to see this playing out.